Expert in Transportation, Energy, Manufacturing, Chemical and Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Wood Works, Healthcare, Education, etc.
Expert ID: 734489 Texas, USA
Areas of Personal Expertise
• Environmental Real Property Transactional and Operational Due Diligence (AAI/ASTM)
• Environmental Compliance Review, Operational Audit and Permit Preparation Across Industry
• Emergency Response “On Call” Program Management for Hazardous Materials Control
• Preparation, Management & Execution of “Impaired Property” Environmental Programs/RIFS
• Executing Client-Driven Objectives for “Repurposing” Commercial (Industrial) Real Estate
• Loss Preventative Petroleum/Hazardous Materials Tank System & Container Consulting
• Risk-Based Management of Environmentally” Affected” Property for Mitigation of Hazards
• Identification and Management of Building/Facility-Related Risks: Asbestos, Lead Paint, Microbial Contamination, Industrial Hygiene-Related Worker Exposures; General Complaint
• Oil & Gas (E&P) Consulting, Program Management and Environmental Clean-up of Contaminated Property and Facilities Across Use History (Active; Shut-In; Legacy)
• Oilfield Radiation Safety (NORMs Consulting/Remediation) to Execute Expedited Clean-up
• Conceptual Cost Estimating, Expert Witness, Peer Review, Client Representation in Hearings
Expert has garnered industry-specific knowledge, managed regulatory compliance programs, assisted in the development of tools, cost-effective aids, strategies, and programs to streamline environmental and engineering project/design work for the benefit of her firm’s diverse client base within the following industries and operations, to name a few (in no particular order):
• Transportation – Airlines/Airports; Mass Transit; Roadways; Ports/Shipyards
• Energy – Oil & Gas; Comprehensive Up, Mid & Downstream
• Manufacturing – Foundries, Iron Works, Specialty Metal Works, Plating/Coating, Printing
• Chemical & Petrochemical – Plastics, Resins, Specialty Blending, Coating
• Pharmaceutical – R&D, Laboratory, Cosmeceutical, Distribution & Disposal Facilities
• Wood Works – Mills, Specialty Coating and Treatment Plants, Manufacturing
• Recyclers & Re-claimers - Used Oil, Plastics, “Beneficial” Re-use for Energy & Roadways
• Financial – Lenders, Underwriters, Mortgagees, Lien Holders, Special Interest Parties
• Auto – Dealerships; Auto & Truck Sales and Service
• Healthcare – Multi-Campus Locations, Emergency (“24-Hour”) Clinics, Specialty-Use Locations
• Education – Private & State Universities, Public Education, Specialty-use Laboratories & Shops
• Specialty Programs - Brownfields Redevelopment & Urban Core Reuse/Re-purposed Facilities
|Year: 1982||Degree: Dual Bachelor of Science||Subject: Geology and Biology||Institution:|
|Year: 1988||Degree: Master of Science||Subject: Geology||Institution:|
|Years: 1994 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President, Founder and CEO||Department:||Responsibilities: Corporate technical adviser and Chief Executive Officer, Principal-in-charge forthousands of successfully completed environmental projects, many of which have involved litigation support and/or regulatory negotiations with federal, state and local agencies. Strategic public & private consulting experience in areas of environmental regulatory compliance and management of sensitive confidential matters, general environmental consulting within multiple settings and industries (public & private) and experienced contributor as an expert witness.|
|Years: 1989 to 1994||Employer: ATEC Associates, Inc. (dba ATEC Environmental Consultants)||Title: District Manager/Associate V.P||Department:||Responsibilities: Real Estate Assessments, Site Characterization Surveys of Industrial & Commercial Property.
• Industrial Environmental Compliance & OSHA Audits.
• Industrial Hygiene Investigation & Corrective Action Consulting (Asbestos, Mold & Lead).
• Underground & Aboveground Storage Tank Assessment, Characterization &
• Oil & Gas Real Estate Assessment, Characterization & Closure Management (active & abandoned/”orphan” sites).
• Asbestos, Lead-Based Paint & Mold Consulting, Assessment, Abatement Specification Preparation & Third Party Removal/Abatement Oversight.
• General Consulting Senior Project Management, Forensic Expert Witness & Litigation Support.
|Years: 1988 to 1989||Employer: Jones & Neuse, INC.||Title: Environmental Coordinator/Geologist||Department:||Responsibilities: • Environmental Assessments & Remediation Consulting.
• Assessment & Closure of Solid Waste Management Units under RCRA regulations (including sumps, drum storage facilities, pits, ponds & dump sites). Clients included major industry (refineries & steel plants) & private sector entities involved in various real estate transactions.
• Consulting & Management of Retail Gasoline Facility (UST) Closures & Preliminary Site Assessments per TWC (now TCEQ) Guidelines.
• Performance of Asbestos Project Inspections, preparation of Management Plans per AHERA Regulations & related third party abatement oversight & monitoring.
|Years: 1986 to 1988||Employer: Engineering Science, Inc. (Parsons)||Title: Environmental (Staff) Geologist||Department:||Responsibilities: • Environmental Site Assessments & Phase II testing of retail fuel facilities at major oil companies across the U.S.; installed groundwater monitoring wells, characterized impacted soil & groundwater, & prepared environmental reports.
• Compiled geologic information & conducted field efforts for numerous Part B Permit Applications and Applications for closure of Solid Waste Management Units for "Large Quantity" RCRA Notifiers (refineries, asphalt plants and chemical manufacturers).
• RCRA assessment and closure efforts including data evaluation and research, installation of groundwater monitoring wells, performance of air monitoring and field assessment activities and document preparation.
• Prepared and implemented health and safety plans and sampling plans per State and Federal guidelines.
• Prepared emergency response and contingency documents and Community Right-To-Know documents for major industrial facilities along the Houston Ship Channel Corridor.
|Associations / Societies|
|Specialty Business Memberships
• Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
• National Network of CREW (NNCREW)
• National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
• National Women’s Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC)
• Women Business Enterprise Alliance (WBEA)
• Women’s Business Enterprise National Alliance (WBENC)
• Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP)
• Women’s Energy Network (WEN)
• Women Contractor’s Association (WCA)
• Women’s Transportation Society (WTS) International
• Women’s Presidents Organization (WPO)
|Licenses / Certifications|
• State of Texas Professional Geoscientist
• Professional Geologist – Mississippi
• Professional Geologist – Tennessee
• Institute of Hazardous Materials Management Certification
• Texas Corrective Action Project Manager
• Radiation Safety Officer and NORM Surveyor/Supervisor – NRC Compliant
• Texas DSHS-Licensed Microbial Assessment Consultant
• Texas DSHS-Licensed Lead Abatement Supervisor
• Texas DSHS-Licensed Asbestos Consultant –Inspector; Designer/Planner; Supervisor
• Arkansas DEQ– Asbestos Certification – Inspector; Designer; Supervisor
• Florida DEQ – Microbial Assessor
• Ohio DEQ– Asbestos Hazard Abatement Project Designer
• Houston Chapter of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (CHMM)
• Institute for Hazardous Materials Managers (IHMM)
• ASTM International
• Texas Association of Professional Geoscientists
• International Society of Environmental Forensics
• National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP)
• Air and Waste Management Association
• American Industrial Hygiene Association
• Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA)
• National Groundwater Association (NGWA)
• Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists (AEG)
• Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA)
• Network of Energy Advisors (NEA)
• Association of Environmental Health and Sciences (AEHS)
• Texas Association of Environmental Professionals (TAEP)
• Geological Society of America (GSA)
• American Chemical Society
• International Society of Technical and Environmental Professionals (INSTEP)
• Environmental Bankers Association (EBA) - Consultant Associate
|Medical / Professional|
|Teaching, Lectures, Professional Presentations: 22|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Continuing Education and Formal Training
• Sixteenth Annual Texas Environmental Superfund Conference – Environmental & Natural
Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas; TAEP & the American Bar
• “Introduction to Groundwater Hydrogeology” Under CAPM – Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
• Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists Ethics Training
• “Remediation Technology: Application and Case Studies” Under CAPM – Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
• Rule Training Under TRRP – TCEQ Training Program (CAPM) - GSI Environmental
• “Remediation Technology: Introduction and Theory” Under CAPM – Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
• “Managing Environmental Liability” – Locke, Liddell & Sapp LLP
• “Real Estate Due Diligence Assessment” – NAEP, Texas A&M College Station, TX
• “Applied Environmental Statistics” – Darcy Environmental Group, Inc., Houston, TX
• “Risk-Based Corrective Action: ASTM Guidelines” – University of Houston, Houston, TX
• “Fracture Rocks: Characterization, Flow & Transport” – Environmental Education Enterprises, Tucson, AZ
• “Environmental Sampling and Analysis” Under CAPM – Texas A&M University System, San Antonio, TX
• Mold Licensing Annual Continuing Education – Various Accredited Training Institutions
• Lead Licensing Semi-Annual Continuing Education – Various Accredited Training Institutions
• Asbestos Licensing Annual Continuing Education – Various Accredited Training Institutions
• ”Supervision Procedures and Practices for Asbestos Abatement Projects” – Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
• Hazardous Materials Training – Lamar University, Beaumont, TX