Expert in Experienced Human Resources Executive
Expert ID: 735807 Arizona, USA
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Tucson, AZ
|Year: 2004||Degree: MBA||Subject: Business||Institution: University of Virginia|
|Year: 1991||Degree: BBA||Subject: Personnel Management and Marketing||Institution: University of Toledo|
|Years: 2019 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Consulting Human Resources||Department:||Responsibilities: Worked with a variety of organizations to provide executive level human resources services; including, performance management, reorganizations, compensation management, downsizing and divestitures.|
|Years: 2017 to 2019||Employer: RBC BEARINGS, LLC / SARGENT AEROSPACE & DEFENSE||Title: Vice President – Human Resources||Department:||Responsibilities: Global manufacturer and marketer of engineered precision components, bearings and products; with net sales in FY18 in excess of $700M. The Company provides unique design solutions for complex problems which are integral to the manufacture and operation of machines, aircraft and mechanical systems. This includes military contractors for airplanes, submarines, helicopters, missile systems, engines and satellites. Report directly to the President.
• Involved in the divestiture of multiple MRO facilities.
• Lead several reorganizations at the corporate, plant and department levels, to help increase organizational efficiency and reduce cost.
• Revised corporate and plant specific handbooks, developed new policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
• Involved in a project team to implement a new UltiPro HRIS system, automating payroll, performance management, job posting, benefit enrollment and HR self-serve.
• Overhauled the compensation management system, including regional and industry specific market data, adjusted the job-specific salary ranges, targeted compensation adjustments and developed a pay for performance compensation reward system.
• Led strategic staffing program, which helped to target and attract top-tier candidates in a more cost-effective manner for positions at all levels of the organization.
• Partnered with Sr. Management and Plant Managers to help them develop and execute business strategies, manage their budgets and develop a positive work environment.
• Worked closely to develop the skills and competencies of the Human Resource team, Sr, Managers and employees at all levels of the organization.
|Years: 2007 to 2017||Employer: COLORADO ENERGY MANAGEMENT||Title: Vice President – Human Resources||Department:||Responsibilities: National independent power producer involved with developing, designing and building fossil and renewable energy plants; owning, operating and maintaining the assets; and providing creative engineering solutions. Responsible for all human resource and strategic business planning activities at the corporate and plant level. Report directly to the CEO / President.
• Involved in the construction of a 550 MW combined cycle power plant, the acquisition of a 134 MW combined cycle power plant, the sale and divestiture of two natural gas power plants, and multiple due diligence and business development opportunities.
• Lead several reorganizations at the corporate and plant levels, including helping the organization navigate through bankruptcy proceedings.
• Revised corporate handbook and developed new policies and procedures.
• Overhauled the compensation management system, including regional and industry specific market data, created the job-specific salary ranges, and developed a pay for performance compensation reward system.
• Developed a new performance management program, which aligns with the compensation system.
• Created a new strategic staffing program, which helped to target and attract top-tier candidates in a more cost-effective manner.
• Evaluated the benefit program and created options for employees and the organization that were attractive and cost effective.
• Worked as a business partner with Plant Managers to help them exceed their goals, manage their budgets and develop a positive work environment.
|Years: 2006 to 2007||Employer: MACDERMID, INC.||Title: Director – Human Resources||Department:||Responsibilities: Global business involved with developing, researching, marketing and manufacturing of specialty chemicals and systems for the metal and plastic finishing, electronics, graphic arts and offshore oil industries. Responsible for all human resource activities across the organization. Reported directly to the CEO.
• Involved in the sale and divestiture of two business units, including organizational redesign and due diligence.
• Completed global compensation relativity study and redesign of the market rates and position grading system, which included the creation of an executive compensation committee.
• Worked with the leadership team to develop a new performance management tool for managers across the organization, which incorporated a variable compensation component based on corporate, business unit and individual performance.
• Led strategic staffing initiatives for several key executive and management positions across the organization.
• Directed a team of professionals to successfully address and defeat union organizing activities at one of the plants.
|Years: 1998 to 2006||Employer: THE TIMKEN COMPANY||Title: General Manager – Human Resources||Department:||Responsibilities: Global manufacturer of quality alloy steel, precision steel components, tapered roller and needle bearings, and industrial lubrication products. Directed a staff of eleven and provided human resource support to a business unit of 12,000 global employees. Managed all facets of human resources in the alloy steel and automotive bearing business units. Reported directly to the Vice President – Human Resources.
• Coordinated three reorganizations of the alloy steel business unit that resulted in a more efficient organization, the elimination of 110 salaried positions, development of a cross-training program, and a cost savings of $8.7 million.
• Led a team of human resource professionals from different business units to develop and implement new recruiting and selection strategies, which reduced hiring time and costs by 40%.
• Developed and implemented compensation management tools that monitor and control salary relativity across the organization to maintain consistency, equity and integrity of career paths. The tool also assisted in the evaluation and grading of positions within the organization.
• Designed and implemented a training module for all business unit managers which consisted of: improving employee performance, legal and effective discipline, preventing harassment and discrimination in the workplace, preventing sexual harassment, and the employer’s obligations under FMLA.
• Developed an electronic succession planning tool which addressed present and future personnel requirements and organizational demands.
• Developed and managed the steel business associate program, which is a two-year rotational training and mentoring program for recent college graduates.
• Created an ombudsman program with an electronic reporting system, which helped to improve employee relations and morale.
|Years: 1995 to 1998||Employer: ASC INDUSTRIES INC.||Title: Human Resources Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Global manufacturer of automotive water pumps and high voltage electrical equipment. Responsible for all human resource activities across the organization. Reported directly to the President.
• Involved in the sale and divestiture of the electrical division and reorganization of the water pump division.
• Developed new recruiting and selection tools, which helped reduce hiring time and increased employee retention by 45%.
• Overhauled the medical benefit, 401(k), group life insurance and tuition reimbursement programs, which resulted in a cost reduction of 30% over two years.
• Designed and implemented an employee handbook and formal new-hire orientation, including a mentoring program.
• Functioned as a key member of the QS-9000 team, which helped the Company achieve certification.
|Years: 1993 to 1995||Employer: WASZILY AND ASSOCIATES||Title: Personnel Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Consulting engineering and technical support organization. Responsible for human resources, staffing and marketing functions. Reported directly to the President.
• Instrumental in helping the Company double in size over a three-year period.
• Developed and implemented a customized HRIS and resume tracking system.
• Reduced hiring time and costs by utilizing creative hiring strategies and developing a strong network with professional organizations.
• Conducted regional and industry specific salary surveys.
• Utilized marketing skills to identify, attract and retain new business development opportunities.
|Years: 1991 to 1993||Employer: CLEVELAND INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||Title: Assistant Personnel Director||Department:||Responsibilities: Independent trade and technical school that specialized in computer training and repair curriculums. Responsible for student and graduate job placement, new student enrollment and orientation, and hiring of staff members. Reported directly to the Director of Operations.
• Developed relationships with several local organizations and increased graduate job placement by 60%.
• Worked with the Director of Admissions to increase student enrollment and retention, while reducing advertising costs.
• Developed, implemented and conducted training classes on resume writing, interview preparation and conducting a self-directed job search.
• Assisted in the evaluation of educational materials and curriculum development.
|Associations / Societies|
|Society for Human Resources Management
City and County of Broomfield, CO – elected Chairman of the Personnel Merit Commission
Society for Human Resource Management / Stark County Human Resource Association
• Served on the Board of Governors from 1999 – 2002
• Served as the Chapter President in 2002
• Maintain SPHR certification
Mountain States Employers Council
Board of Directors for Stark County United Way
Leadership Stark County
Habitat for Humanity
Academic Adviser for North Canton Hoover H.S., Canton Timken H.S., and Massillon Washington H.S.
Board of Directors – Hoover H.S. Athletic Booster Club
|Licenses / Certifications|
|President / Board Member SHRM Stark County|
|Training / Seminars|
THE UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO, Toledo, OH 1991 B.B.A., Personnel Management and Marketing
THE UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA, Charlottesville, VA 2002 The Darden Graduate School of Business Administration M.B.A.
Executive Development Classes at The University of Michigan 2003
Various continuing education classes and seminars
Fields of Expertise
human resources, employee assessment, employee benefit, talent management, staffing analysis, business strategy, business strategy review, executive coaching, executive communications, executive compensation, executive management, executive recruiting, human resources policy, human capital, human development, incentive compensation plan, employment compensation, compensation planning, compensation, recruiting, recruitment strategy, business organization, complex organizations, organization chart, organization redesigning, organization strategy, organizational assessment, organizational communication, organizational design, organizational development