Expert in Food Science & Technology, Project Portfolio Management, and RD&I
Expert ID: 735733 Ireland
Experienced in the commercialization of science using market research, customer insights and systematic governance processes. Global project manager, providing technical, regulatory and scientific support, for launch of innovative products launched and rolled out in several key markets.
Highly professional & entrepreneurial individual with a strong technical background and extensive experience in the development and commercial manufacture of nutritional products in a highly regulated environment. Possess academic and professional experience in the implementation of product development and process improvement at laboratory and commercial scale, to promote innovation within and outside the organisation.
Strong team player and excellent communicator, demonstrating strong ownership and accountability, with a technical ability to troubleshoot & solve challenges.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities:
|Year: 2005||Degree: Ph.D Food Science and Technology||Subject: Partial enzymatic hydrolysis of milk proteins||Institution: University College Cork|
|Year: 1995||Degree: Bachelor of Science||Subject: Applied Biology, Food Science & Technology||Institution: University of La Rochelle (France)|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Senior Project Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Key Duties, Responsibilities & Achievements
• Support proper execution of large multi-disciplinary capital compliance and capacity expansion and equipment replacement projects and maintain a continual focus on cost awareness.
• Manage the projects in accordance with J&J objectives to ensure health and safety of all internal and external employees working on his projects and that there is no impact as to quality.
• Meet all current legal standards, GMP and compliance while ensuring that the excellent interdepartmental relationships are maintained with all other Company depts.
|Years: 2005 to 2018||Employer: Nestle||Title: Product Development & Project Management Lead - Infant Formula & Maternal Nutrition - Dietary Supplements, Nutraceuticals & Probiotics.||Department: R&D||Responsibilities: Key Duties, Responsibilities & Achievements
• Supported the launch of numerous products, within the Materna category (functional powders, dietary supplements and probiotics) in multiple global markets.
• Took the lead on projects with very challenging local regulatory issues to register and deliver product to market along with an approved formulation to maintain future supply.
• Preparation of business case, timeline, budget spend & resource management, feasibility assessment & risk mitigation of global projects.
• Provision of technical support for the preparation, management and implementation of project design and development plan activities. Activities include as recipe formulation, guidance on complex regulatory landscapes & preparation of master regulatory dossier, stability data reviews and trouble-shooting of technical issues associated with manufacturing and packaging operations.
• On-site technical support of industrial scale trials and initial commercial batches, supporting the execution of manufacturing and packaging operations at external contact manufacturing sites.
• Team lead for external collaboration with industrial strategic partners and academic institutes, gaining access to troubleshooting technologies to support projects.
• Developed all sensory training panel and material for Oral Solid Dosage (OSD) forms in Nestle
• Led multiple global and regional technical and business deployment projects for infant formula and maternal category, contributing to the brand extension process for Inneov, Illuma, S 26 and Materna across key markets.
• Technical & operational lead for private and branded label products with contract manufacturers
• Prepared competitive landscape, business case, risk mitigation alternatives and feasibility assessment of global R&D projects and platform coordinator for presentation to the portfolio review committee.
• Prepared, managed and implemented project design of global development plans, including timelines, sourcing, roll-out planning, budget and technical review for senior management.
• Led and managed several development projects from concept through to launch of new ingredients, products, packaging and/or processes aligned with consumer trends and insights.
• Ensure development of private brand products/formulations as per the innovation funnel planed for the year basis business requirement.
• Contributed to winning new businesses with commercialization of science and compliance, contributing to brand strategy and plans with co-manufacturers.
• Cosmetofoods, cosmeceuticals, nutraceuticals, dietary supplements, nutritional products, probiotics, bioactive ingredients and encapsulation of highly sensitive nutritional oils.
|Years: 2012 to 2014||Employer: Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceutical Company||Title: Product/process Development Technologist & Project Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Key Duties, Responsibilities & Achievements
• Timely launch of seven innovation and renovation projects in four markets within time and budget.
• Preparation of business case, risk mitigation alternatives, scientific communication and feasibility assessment of global innovation and renovation projects. Coordinator for presentation to the portfolio review committee to support a multi-billion business within a highly regulated landscape.
• Provide technical contribution and support to the preparation, management and implementation of project design and development plans, including timelines, sourcing, and rollout planning, master regulatory dossier, marketing strategy, budget and technical reviews.
• R&D product developments lead and guidance in the management of global project portfolio for powders and ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages.
|Years: 2005 to 2012||Employer: Wyeth Nutritionals Ireland||Title: Food Technologist||Department:||Responsibilities: Key Duties, Responsibilities & Achievements
• Effectively manage and supervise the lab and pilot plant, meeting business and customer needs through optimization of multi-functional resources and equipment while liaising with external contractors to comply with critical aspects of GMP & GLP Corporate policies and procedures.
• Travel to any of the internal manufacturing sites or Third-Party manufacturing sites (CMO) to oversee technology transfer. Participation in special trouble-shooting task forces and taking initiative roles in solving problems.
|Years: 2004 to 2005||Employer: Ingredia||Title: Process and Product Development Specialist||Department:||Responsibilities: Key Duties, Responsibilities & Achievements
• Coordinating the development or optimization of innovative concepts and products with industrial and academic partners.
|Years: 2002 to 2004||Employer: Cybercolloids||Title: Hydrocolloids Applications Scientist||Department:||Responsibilities: Key Duties, Responsibilities & Achievements
• Studies of the functional properties of hydrocolloids (gelling, stabilisation, thickening) in model systems. Development and formulation of polysaccharides in new products to obtain optimum texture for specific application.
|Years: 1997 to 2000||Employer: University College Cork, Ireland||Title: Lab Manager & Assistant Researcher||Department:||Responsibilities: Key Duties, Responsibilities & Achievements
• Feasibility Studies for Industry to develop new products, or to improve existing ones, using nutritional and functional ingredients. Management and execution of specific projects as part of a technical team.
• Lectures and Practical of food products and processes. Supervision of students on a day-to-day basis.
|Years: 1996 to 1996||Employer: Kerry Group («Golden Vale plc. »)||Title: European Work Placement (6 months) - Process and Product Development||Department:||Responsibilities: Key Duties, Responsibilities & Achievements
Supervisor of trials using Multi Stage Dryer type (500 kg evaporated water/hr).
|Years: 1995 to 1995||Employer: Innov’IA||Title: Food Technologist in Research and Development (Powders and Additives)||Department:||Responsibilities: Key Duties, Responsibilities & Achievements
• Responsible for the Spray-Drying, Granulation, Coating and Encapsulation of various feed and powders on a pilot fluidized bed (3 kg evaporated water/h) in the area of controlled release for the food, fine chemistry and pharmaceutical industries.