Expert in Formulation, Development & Testing of Hair and Skin Care Products
Expert has extended his expertise into manufacturing and has small scale manufacturing at his business. Additionally, Expert has set up manufacturing facilities in South Africa and Argentina
Expert is currently engaged in new consumer product development for over 30 clients at his laboratory. His client base is varied from small salon owners to multi national companies
Expert is an expert in understanding structure function relationship which has added value to the expertise that he provides to his clients
Continuous product improvements are provided to his client's products to keep them healthy and cost effective. His efforts have resulted in millions of cost savings to the projects that he was involved in
Product testing is part of his business. He has built a four person salon testing center that provides real comparisons of product performance and gives objective and unbiased data to his clients. Product testing data has been used by his clients to substantiate product claims
Expert has over 35 years of R&D development expertise having worked for multi national companies. His contributions have resulted in over 29 U.S. patents and his employers have profited from these accomplishments.
Thorough, exacting Manager/scientist with extensive experience in managing and directing development projects. A specialist in personal care products, known for his ability to effectively lead and collaborate with successful teams. Expert at identifying, developing and testing products and processes that significantly impact cost savings, increased revenue and market share. Expert witness in patent litigation cases.
In his current business, reverse engineering is often requested by his clients. Bench marks provided are the targets of reverse engineering, often resulting in products that are superior in function or cost.
Provided Consulting services to a major Fortune 100 client in developing their line of products now in Target and all major drug stores.
Confidentiality agreements prohibit us from disclosing our client' s names. Currently an active consultant in the area of hair color for a Fortune 500 company located in NJ. Provides consulting and testing services to this client. Helped a Salon owner develop his own line of hair products. Currently providing consulting services in the area of aerosol technology to a client in Florida that has leading hair products with salon heritage. Provided multiple clients advice on testing of hair products. Has a salon built into the facility that can provide on site testing services.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Chicago, Illinois - Rockford, Illinois - Aurora, Illinois - Naperville, Illinois - Joliet, Illinois - Elgin, Illinois - South Bend, Indiana - Gary, Indiana - Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Madison, Wisconsin
|Year: 1972||Degree: Masters||Subject: Pharmacy Administration||Institution: Brooklyn College of Pharmacy|
|Year:||Degree: Bachelor of Science and Masters||Subject: Pharmacy||Institution: AU Colleges, Andhra University|
|Years: 2003 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Owner/President||Department:||Responsibilities: He is the person responsible for all business activities including R&D, Manufacturing and Salon testing services. Has 5 chemists working within the group. Company interacts with Salon owners, stylists and individual entrepreneurs to develop their ideas from concepts to products with real benefits. Salon quality products are created and manufactured on site. Innovations in raw material technologies are matched to stylists’ new product ideas to maximize end benefits. All products are tested with state of the art instruments such as Dia-Stron and Scanning Electron Microscope, and further supported with salon data. Salon evaluations are done on site by Stylists who work at nearby salons, bringing in their real life experiences to objectively judge the merits of these new ideas.|
|Years: 2000 to 2003||Employer: Unilever, Home and Personal Care||Title: Director||Department: Research & Development||Responsibilities: Responsible for all Research and Development of all hair care projects, domestic and international.
• Successfully introduced Hair Colorants in Latin America, expanding to other countries and other products variants and growing revenues to $10 million
• Delivered over $2 million in cost savings for Latin American market through reduction in price of imported raw materials while maintaining profit margins.
• Managed all phases of a breakthrough color project.
• Developed a team of 10 scientists in Argentina that now function independently and manage all projects with high levels of competence.
• Collaborated with key members of Marketing and Supply Chain teams, Global Technical Centers in Chicago and Thailand, and Research in the UK to ensure that project objectives are clearly defined and delivered on time and within budget.
• Key member of internal global networks representing Latin America on Shampoos, Conditioners, Styling, Color and Ethnic hair.
|Years: 1995 to 2000||Employer: Unilever, Home and Personal Care||Title: Director||Department: Research & Development||Responsibilities: Managed and directed all development projects in Hair Shampoos, Conditioners, Color, Permanent waves, Hair styling and Hair transformation. Coordinated research activities associated with this product range at research labs in the United Kingdom. Managed a staff of up to 40 scientists, stylists and administrators. Developed policies consistent with corporate guidelines.
• Interacted regularly with marketing, market research, supply chain, research personnel and other development directors to ensure long-term objectives were achieved.
• Established long-term strategic direction for North America as a member of the Management Hair Care Planning Group.
• Key member of the Management team that managed a budget of $20 million.
• Selected technical training programs to ensure technical competencies for up to 20 scientists and stylists.
|Years: 1989 to 1995||Employer: Unilever, Home and Personal Care||Title: Director||Department: Professional Salon Division||Responsibilities: Directed all hair care projects including Shampoos, Conditioners, Hair Styling and reactive products – Permanent Waves, Relaxers and Hair Color.
• Grew Helene Curtis to become number one manufacturer of permanent waves with 17 innovative patented technologies.
• Developed new permanent waving technology (based on Cysteamine) that significantly lowered hair damage.
|Years: 1982 to 1989||Employer: Playtex Jhirmack||Title: Director||Department: Research and Development||Responsibilities: Created, planned, delegated and coordinated all research and development activities leading to the introduction of new products for the U.S. and Canadian markets. Managed a budget of $2 million and a staff of 10 scientists and stylists.
• Increased market share by 25% through development of products with parity performance to major competitors allowing company to effectively compete with large corporations in Hair Care. Developed three unique patented technologies for future launches.
• Interfaced with marketing, manufacturing, purchasing, quality control, market research and Advertising agencies to provide orderly introduction of new products while maintaining current brands.
• Developed all types of hair care products including shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays (aerosol and non-aerosol), hair colors and permanent wave products.
• Established manufacturing operations in South Africa and Sweden.
|Years: 1972 to 1980||Employer: American Cyanamid||Title: Group Leader||Department: Research &Development||Responsibilities: Prior to 1982, held position of Group Leader – Hair Care and Antiperspirants for Shulton, Inc., Senior Scientist – Hair Care and Antiperspirants for Beecham, Inc., and Aerosol Chemist at Block Drug Company.|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2000 to 2003||Country / Region: Argentina||Summary: Research and Development of hair care products for Unilever. Developed and introduced a line of hair color products in all Latin American countries|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: Thailand||Summary: Consulting and coordinating International activities for Unilever|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: India||Summary: Hair color trouble shooting activities for a client based in Mumbai|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: South Africa||Summary: Set up manufacturing operations for Jhirmack in the area of hair care|
|Associations / Societies|
|Member of Society of Cosmetic Chemists|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Has 29 U.S. patents for Hair and Personal Care Products.|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Depositions for Unilever in patent infringement cases and also in personal injury cases|
|Training / Seminars|
|Currently responsible for locating vendors and streamlining supply strategies|
|Has insights into salon trends and state of the art technologies|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Testing services, expert advice in project management|
|Spanish||He is able to participate in conversations and make his position understood.|