Expert in Global Sales, Digital Transformation, Emerging AI Technologies, Big Data, Analytics, AI Solutions
Expert ID: 738067 California, USA
- A Proven Enterprise Technology Growth Leader - Big Data Analytics & AI Solutions
- Has Repeatedly has Grown $100M+ in, End to End Big Data Analytics, IOT, and AI Services and Solution Portfolios in under 3 years.
- Now incubating emerging IOT & Blockchain technologies.
- Having grown over $2 Billion in Data, Analytics, and AI P&L, Expert has served some of the world’s largest organizations and fastest growth emerging companies in their digital transformation journey, and gain a leading Artificial Intelligence advantage for their fourth industrial revolution.
Expert has repeatedly grown emerging technologies from inception to a global 2000 Business unit P&L into the 100’s of Millions, in just a few years. Before building these revenue systems, he had spent much of his career as a direct “Hands-On” practitioner of early Enterprise Data Applications, BI / Data Warehousing, Analytics, Machine Learning, & Artificial Intelligence, he brings real world credibility to his proposals. His substantial success in building and launching enterprise software products give him end-to-end scope in a customer’s “Build vs. Buy” decision process.
With hundreds of global 2000 Data & AI engagements, Expert’s clientele includes some of the world’s largest organizations in their digital transformation journey, and gain a leading Artificial Intelligence advantage in the fourth industrial revolution. He has most recently been awarded one of four preferred vendor selections at a $300M Digital Transformation at the Department of Defense and other Federal and Regulated Clientele. He has spent a portions of his career as a direct practitioner of BI / Data Warehousing, Analytics, Machine Learning, & Adaptive Intelligence, brings real world credibility to his proposals. He has repeatedly built AI practices from zero to $100 Million, and up to $250 Million in less than 3 years, at organizations such as IBM, Cognizant, Ericsson, SAP / Business Objects, Oracle, more.
He has led 7 and 8 figure contract wins at NASA, LA County, Navy, many other DOD accounts. Additionally, Expert’s Commercial Wins Include JPMC, BOA, Visa, Amex, AT&T, T-Mobile, Nike, Boeing, Disney, Wal-Mart.com, Dell, Ford, Apple, Blue Cross \ Shield, Microsoft, Google, more.
Relevant Capabilities and Expertise:
Expert is specialized in the Artificial Intelligence, Information Systems, and Analytics during nearly three decades in the industry. He has excelled in senior leadership roles at both the hardware / software industry and consulting, at Global 2000 and several successful Entrepreneurial Ventures. Starting his career in Advanced Analytics and Information Systems Consulting, Expert subsequently broadened his personal value proposition to encompass sales, business development and executive management. Expert has both a “Big 5” Consultant, Global 2000 Software Executive, and also an Entrepreneurial profile - multiple successful exists owing to his credit. He is versed in developing End-to End Digital- Infrastructure/Software/Services transformation offerings. He continues to build a growing, high quality network of senior contacts at CXO level in global market across multiple verticals.
Industry Sector Experience [Selected Major Clients]
Hi-Tech: Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, Dell, IBM, Others
Public Sector: NAVY, USAF, CIA, NGA, NSA, DIA, NASA, DOE, LA County, Etc.
Oil and Gas: British Petroleum, Chevron, Aramco, Shell, Schlumberger
Automotive: Ford, General Motors, Tesla, Tata, Toyota, KIA, Others
Communications: AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, Various Tier-2 Carriers
Media: Disney, Universal, Fox, Warner Bros. Sony Pictures / Digital
Consumer & Retail: Nordstrom, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Target, Kroger, Others
Finance: JPMC, Cap 1, Allstate, Farmers, BOA, Visa, AMEX, Fidelity
Expert has grown a book of business from small teams, up to 900+ Global consultants, and is skilled at the Onshore / Offshore Model. He has developed and led teams, implemented solutions among the following disciplines:
• Analytics strategy: Identification of use cases, data collection and survey strategies, and high level analytics system design and architecture
• Data Supply Chain, Data as an Asset, Kimball & Inman Methodology, many others.
• Data engineering: Design of ETL systems, database architecture, stored procedures, and collaboration with domain experts to design model features
• Predictive analytics: Building statistical / machine learning models, implementing models sourced from vendors, designing training program to teach other “citizen" data scientists.
• Business intelligence: Key metrics, data visualizations, and executive OKR, analytic apps
o Business Objects, Cognos, IBI, Tableau, Domo, Power BI, many others.
• Artificial Intelligence:
o Automated Statistical / Machine Learning, “AutoML”, Deep / Reinforcement Learning
o Data Robot, H2O, RapidMiner, SAS, SPSS, Alteryx, Hadoop (Hive/Pig), Others
• Established & Emerging Application / Data Platforms
o Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, Teradata, IBM, Others
o AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
o Cloudera / Hortonworks Hadoop, DataBricks
o Blockchain, Hashgraph, Elastic, SolR, MongoDB
Summary of Current Role
Following a series of M&A activity, Expert executed spin off strategy to productize DARPA research and incubate several consulting proven technologies inside of (undisclosed) AI Technology services. Several portfolio companies independently profitable in growth stage, these formerly DOD funded technologies are exiting stealth venture for building Automated Machine Learning & other AI platforms and applications using business analyst skills. Expert has executed successful software development units with consulting organizations on multiple occasions. Reporting directly into the company's Global head of Digital / Information Management and CEO Office, Expert spun off Key Big Data Analytic & Product Management Resources to Build their Big Decisions SAAS Analytics Cloud Offering. Expert was a Senior Partner and simultaneously led the AI practice Sales, P&L in all facets of its operations – strategy, business and proposition development, sales pipeline, program/engagement delivery and quality assurance, senior stakeholder management, recruitment, thought leadership, collaboration with Global & Vertical business unit activities (Europe, Asia Pacific, US). He performed a similar execution for two other highly prestigious companies. Throughout the last 20 years Expert has built and launched significant innovation and product development, usually requiring him to incubate a product vision and raise significant product development team.
Examples of this include, Oracle Application Server, BEA Portal / Integration / Liquid Data, Business Objects Analytic Applications, IBM Cognos & Infosphere In-Memory Cubing Engine & Big Data Appliances, Cognizant Big Decisions Cloud / SAAS Analytic Apps, Ericsson analytics, Syndicate AI Apps, and never half a dozen successful startups.
|Year: 1994||Degree: Diploma||Subject: Business||Institution: University High|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Managing Partner & President||Department: Business|
Responsibilities:Specialized Analytics and AI Boutique Consultancy to the Department of Defense, Civilian, Expanding into Select Commercial Clientele, for developing bespoke Big Data & AI Applications. Confidential Incubation & Revenue Acceleration for A.I. Portfolio Including various Early Stage and Venture backed Machine Learning, Big Data, IOT, Deep Tech Portfolio:
• In 4 Years, leveraged $200M in former “Farming” Client Successes, YOY 100% Growth and >25% Net New “Hunting” Wins for portfolio companies, such as US Navy, Goldman Sachs, GE Aviation, L.A. County, more.
• Gained Immediate revenue traction using past GTM Channels to build over 100 opportunities & a net new $50M services Funnel into Silicon Valley Technology Companies and Pacific Northwest Tech & Telco Clientele
• 2016 enabled 216% revenue growth, over 1/3 was partner influenced, >15% via global channels
• To launch multiple incubation to market, utilized past relationships, Channel ecosystem salesforce, to drive $8m+ in 2017 pipeline
• Built a Global SI Network for Deep A.I. Solutions Building emerging technology solutions using AI solutions:
• Enterprise Acceleration, Venture Backed “Entrepreneur in Residence" Offering Building for stealth incubation & spin-off engagements such as:
• Project Relativity: Visual Intelligence Suite for Business Analysts to Correlate IOT, Social, Blockchain into a Unified, single "situational awareness” application. Various key wins in Telco/Media Industry
• Project Citizen: A patented “Citizen Data Scientist" AI that turns spreadsheet data into Machine Learning Models, in just 1 step. Deployments to 100’s of data analysts at various Global 2000.
• Project Mono: A next generation "Conversational AI" that drives enterprise apps & IOT using drag and drop deep learning design, and increasingly accurate intent. Trained on NextGen IBM Watson corpus
• Project Salience: Award winning IOT & LegalTech AI that turns any document repository into a correlated case app, even deploy as a smart contract, now applicable for TIME & other vertical industries
|Years: 2017 to 2017||Employer: ParallelM||Title: Corporate Business Development Leader||Department: Business Development|
Responsibilities:GTM Growth, Field Sales and M&A Strategy. Interim Field Sales & Business Development Leader for Revenue growth via Direct & Indirect Market Traction
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Venture Partner||Department: Business Development|
Responsibilities:A next generation Private Sector / DOD Venture Factory and AI Innovation Consultancy
Innovation as a Service, Due diligence & Value Creation for various Venture Capital, Private Equity and Governmental Funds, with disclosable assignments at the following portfolio companies
|Years: 2016 to 2016||Employer: DataRobot||Title: Corporate Business Development Leader||Department: Business Development|
Responsibilities:Inorganic Growth Strategy Advisory for Advanced Analytics Technology Market Ecosystem Acquisition. Global Partnership Development for expanding indirect sales growth into System Integrator, Technology, with Value Added Distribution, Reseller and Cloud Channels.
|Years: 2013 to 2016||Employer: ERICSSON ANALYTICS||Title: VP||Department: Business Development, Emerging Tech Portfolio, Field CTO Big Data Analytics & IOT AI Software|
Responsibilities:• Leadership of Product Team, Launched Ericsson Analytics, A.I. & Data Security Applications for Telco, IOT, & Technology industries onto AWS, Microsoft Azure Cloud.
• Head of Big Data Analytics, CEM & IOT Software Portfolio generating $250M P&L Growth for Big Data Analytics & IOT application portfolio growth initiatives, from zero.
• Overhauled strategy & execution of Big Data Solutions, streamlined Ericsson Analytics Product Stack; Brought Ericsson Analytics & IOT product & services offerings to net new revenue growth in 6 months.
• Deployed $160 GTM & Solution Growth Strategy for Tier 1 Carriers, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Other Customers
• Led inception, and build out of Ericsson Analytics & Big Data COE, Global Services from .5 to 3x Ratio
• Deployed “Full Stack” Alliance Strategy, Analytics & Big Data Partners to close $20M 2014 revenue gap
• Led inception, & build of Ericsson Analytics Labs & Big Data COE, invested 20% of margin into emerging tech lab to drive >200% YOY growth.
|Years: 2011 to 2013||Employer: COGNIZANT||Title: Global Head & Vice President||Department: GM - A.I. Machine Learning Practice, Corporate Business Development|
Responsibilities:• Strategy, Go-To-Market & Leadership of Product Team, Launched SAAS A.I. & Big Data Applications for Healthcare, Financial Securities, Credit Card Transaction Applications & Analysis.
• Global Head for Cognizant’s First Big Data Analytics Practice, built a $100M+ PnL in 2 years, exceeding $160m
• Profit/Loss of over 900+ (300+ Onshore \ 600+ Offshore) Analytics Big Data Consultants, Client Partners, Subject Matter Experts, alliance & channel GTM programs. Drove a $200m+ Direct & Indirect Revenue
• Efficaciously Leveraged a decade of ISV\IHV Strategy, Alliance\Channel Sales Partnerships, & Sales Experience to convert & on-board 100’s of IBM, Cognos & formerly SAP-IBM Channel Customers
• Launched Hadoop Lab As-a-Service, Appliance Config and GTM Program – Also co-proposed the $200M+ Big Data Initiative sponsored by CEO & ELT for strategic Appliance & Cloud market penetration
|Years: 2009 to 2011||Employer: Dell / (EMC) Enterprise Technologies||Title: Global Leader||Department: Analytics & Big Data - A.I. Machine Learning Solutions, Corporate Business Development|
Responsibilities:• Strategy, Go-To-Market & Leadership of Product Team, Launched Hyperscale, HPC, Cloud configurations & Big Data Appliances for Hyperscale and Mass Market Consumption of Offerings in Partnership with SAP, Cloudera, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Others
• Global Product Strategy, Sales Ecosystem Execution, built a $100M+ LOB 2 years, exceeding expectations
|Years: 2005 to 2009||Employer: IBM||Title: Go-To-Market & Global Tech Pre-Sales Leader||Department: Worldwide Analytics - Big Data Ecosystem Development|
Responsibilities:Led SMB Product Dev Team, Launched Software / Hardware Appliances such as Infosphere, Cognos, Big Data, Neteeza, more. Launched 4 Early Big Data / Analytics Products from zero to $100M, including integration of key acquisitions
Successfully re-used my past Channel Sales programs to utilize 100’s of existing IBM, Cognos & SAP Partners. Drove $36M in Business Objects’ Partnership to field adoption, over $100M post Cognos acquisition. Managed & delivered 40+ Global BI Revenue Enablement Sub-Programs: 150+ Partners selling new product. Led 12 person BI Channel Sales & Enablement Team to Accounts & “High Volume” VAR \ VAD \ OEM Channels !
|Years: 2002 to 2005||Employer: SAP / Business Objects||Title: Tech Pre-Sales Lead- Public Sector, Emerging Technology Programs & Ecosystem Leader||Department: Business Development|
Responsibilities:Developed Mission Critical BI & Analytics Solutions for Nike, AT&T, Intel, FBI, DOD, U.S. Army, Air Force. Oversaw solutions closing $16m+ in Gov’t & Strategic Accounts, BI & Analytic Apps
Provided Ongoing support programs for Partner-led Sales, Channel / Partner Enablement
|Years: 2000 to 2002||Employer: BEA Systems (Acquired by Oracle)||Title: Partner Tech Sales Lead||Department: Ecosystem Partnerships, Technology Alliances|
Responsibilities:Developed Sales / Partner Enablement Programs for introduction of BEA Weblogic Portal, Integration, etc.
Tech Sales Campaigns for penetration of new markets using vertically specialized system integrator channels
Vertically focused sales ecosystem to drive solutions growth into finance, telco, healthcare, hi-tech, manufacturing, etc.
|Awards / Recognition|
|• Annual Board Review. Unprecedented Performance. Board Commendation and Incentive Increase
• Annual Board Review. Exceptional Performance. Promoted to President, add’l ESP.
• Annual Board Review. Exceptional Performance. Nominated for General Manager and Executive Stock Plan
• Moments that Mattered - Cognizant CEO’s Choice Award, Outstanding Growth & Strategic Customer Success, Two years in a row.
• Dell / (EMC) - Enterprise Technologist, Highest Technical Fellow Ranking for Product Management
• Various Keynote Addresses, Featured Interviews and Contributions, TDWI, CES, McKinsey, Gartner, Informatica World, many more.
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Additional Notable Past Consulting Experience:
Emerald Solutions - Solutions Architect for American Airlines, Nike.com, Adidas, Intel, Other Global 2000!
NASA - (Consulting) Data Warehouse & Analytics Portal Strategy Leader
Carnival Cruise Lines - Portal and Digital Customer Solutions Leader!
Oracle Consulting Services - Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence Practice, Product Development
Fields of Expertise
artificial intelligence, distributed artificial intelligence, analytics, Big Data Analytics, business analytics, client analytics, Data and analytics, healthcare analytics, people analytics, Sales & Market Analytics, technology, Public Cloud, Private cloud, Red Hat, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Data-center, Telecom, 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, Analytics, Management, Program Management, project management, Utility Analytics, blockchain, blockchain technology, web3, Crypto, cryptocurrency, business intelligence, data warehouse, public cloud, private cloud, cloud computing, Internet of Things