Expert in Healthcare (Supply Chain, Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement)
Expert ID: 735469 Florida, USA
Group Purchasing Organization
Competitive Bidding Process/Award
“Big 4” Healthcare Consulting
|Year: 1995||Degree: Executive MBA||Subject: Health Administration||Institution: University of Miami|
|Year: 1989||Degree: Bachelor of Arts||Subject: Industrial Psychology||Institution: Loyola University|
|Years: 2016 to 2019||Employer: Promise Healthcare, Inc./Success Healthcare, Inc.||Title: Corporate Director||Department: Supply Chain Management||Responsibilities: Corporate leadership and direction of the Supply Chain for a nationally Integrated Delivery Network (“IDN”) of 20 LTACH hospitals and $900 million in spend.
• Led successful design and implementation of corporate-wide ERP system (Oracle) for Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Learn Management System and Materials Management, including EDI in 7 months
• Implemented over $2 million in savings through the conversion and negotiation of GPO and local contracts
• Provided direction to GPO consulting team to recognize and implement an additional $2 million in savings for purchased service categories
|Years: 2011 to 2016||Employer: MEDASSETS, INC.||Title: REGIONAL CLIENT MANAGER-FLORIDA||Department:||Responsibilities: Overall client management and same-store growth for 67 acute care hospitals and over $75 million in administrative fees.
• Achieved double digit revenue growth for all accounts in 5 consecutive years
• Contributed with consulting team to achieve $50 million in savings in 18 months for a FL-based health system
• Implemented commodity savings initiatives to yield over $7 million per year for a GA-based IDN
• Increased contract compliance and penetration by 80 percent for a Puerto Rican purchasing alliance
|Years: 2009 to 2010||Employer: COVENTRY HEALTHCARE OF FLORIDA, INC.||Title: DIRECTOR OF NETWORK OPERATIONS-CAPITATED PROVIDER NETWORKS||Department:||Responsibilities: Responsible for the management of the specialty provider and capitated networks for 300,000 participating members.
• Created and converted provider contracts to capitated networks, to achieve a savings of more than $350,000
• Increased member and physician satisfaction by 25 percent through negotiating provider contracts
• Managed operational budget to be in compliance within 3 percent of budgeted plan
|Years: 2007 to 2009||Employer: JACKSON HEALTH SYSTEM||Title: ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATOR- HOLTZ WOMEN’S AND CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL||Department:||Responsibilities: Responsible for the daily administrative, operational and financial management of a 640-bed hospital.
• Developed and implemented the Jackson Air Ambulance Transport program, yielding a 35 percent increase in admissions
• Designed, developed and led the expansion of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, resulting in a 50 percent increase in admissions
• Prepared and managed capital and operational budgets and monthly variance reports
|Years: 2005 to 2006||Employer: CP MOTION, INC.||Title: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS||Department:||Responsibilities: Overall daily management of the marketing, revenue cycle, finance and accounting teams for a national DME provider. Responsible for the creation and management of the strategic and operational plans and their respective budgets.
• Developed and implemented the organizational corporate compliance program, including the policies and procedures, hotline and benchmarking reports
• Constructed the process improvement design and training plans to the revenue cycle team, leading to an increase in collections of $4 million
|Years: 2003 to 2005||Employer: INTEGRAMED AMERICA, INC.||Title: VICE PRESIDENT AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR||Department:||Responsibilities: Overall daily management and strategic planning for the network infertility physician practices in the Southeast area.
• Direct daily oversight of the network’s largest IVF practice in Florida
• Increased revenues by 50 percent in the first year through mergers and acquisitions of competing practices
• Increased patient satisfaction scores by 30 percent each year
• Realized and increased shareholder net income by 100 percent in each year
|Years: 2000 to 2003||Employer: LIBERTY HOME PHARMACY, CORP.||Title: VICE PRESIDENT OF THIRD PARTY OPERATIONS||Department:||Responsibilities: In charge of all revenue cycle functions with a staff of 125 FTE’s for a national mail-order DME and pharmacy.
• Responsible for the performance of the accounts receivable of over $50 million
• Developed and implemented the organization’s Corporate Compliance program, including the formation of the hotline and internal audit and policy and procedures
• Developed and monitored the key performance indicators for the patient access, order intake, claims management, accounts receivable and collection departments
• Negotiated provider payer contracts
|Years: 1996 to 1999||Employer: ERNST & YOUNG LLP||Title: SENIOR HEALTHCARE CONSULTANT-REIMBURSEMENT AND PHYSICIAN INTEGRATION PRACTICE||Department:||Responsibilities: Led numerous physician network transformation and operations engagements for hospital owned and academic practice plan physician groups for a “Big 4” accounting and consulting organization.
• Designed and implemented revenue cycle strategies and benchmarking tools for numerous academic, profit and not-for-profit hospital organizations and physician groups
• Led numerous cash acceleration engagements for healthcare organizations to realize improved collections and accounts receivable for healthcare providers
• Extensive experience in the initial evaluation, selection, testing and implementation of ERP and EMR/EHR systems
• Served as interim Chief Compliance Officer for an Alaskan integrated delivery system
|Years: 1992 to 1996||Employer: PALM SPRINGS GENERAL HOSPITAL||Title: EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATOR/PHYSICIAN PRACTICE ADMINISTRATOR||Department:||Responsibilities: Overall administrative responsibilities of an Emergency Department and the hospital-based physician network.
• Administrative and operational functions of a for-profit hospital's emergency department
• In charge of the physician network operations of the hospital-based physician group, including the negotiating, credentialing, administering and implementing of third party payer contracts
• Responsible for the revenue cycle activities for the hospital-based physician group