Expert in IT Storage, IT Security, IT System Management, IT Virtualization, IT Cloud, SaaS
Before that, he spent more than 10 years working at AT&T Bell Labs in the Netherlands. He has over 30 software patents filed in his name in the areas of virtualization, system and network management, and storage technologies. Expert has both an MS in mathematics and an MBA in telecommunications. His expertise lies in the areas of SaaS, Cloud Computing, Cloud Services, Cloud Storage, Virtualization for both the Enterprise data center and the desktop, Enterprise and Consumer Security, Enterprise and Consumer Backup and Enterprise and Consumer Storage technologies. He currently is or was a senior technical advisor for several companies including Amplidata, Araknos, BlueGem Security, Bycast, Diginome, FortKnock, HHOTT, Jiransoft, Ohanae, Pancetera, Panta Systems, Prolin, Qlayer, Racktivity, SocialText, SonaSoft, SpecialDeals.com, Tawkoo and Transitive.
He also is the founder and CEO of a consulting a company that provides senior advisory services to start-ups and small companies. For larger companies, they provide technology scouting and technology trend monitoring services. Additionally, they provide technical due diligence services to companies, investors and venture capital companies. Expert is also available as a technology expert for patent litigation cases.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: San Jose, California - San Francisco, California - Sacramento, California - Oakland, California - Stockton, California - Fremont, California - Modesto, California - Salinas, California - Santa Rosa, California - Hayward, California
|Year: 1978||Degree: Master Science in Applied Mathematics||Subject: Mathematics||Institution: University of Twente (Netherlands)|
|Year: 1987||Degree: Masters of Business Telecommunication||Subject: Telecommunication business||Institution: Deft University of Technology (Netherlands)|
|Years: 2009 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: CEO/founder||Department:||Responsibilities: Provides senior adviser services such as: helping to pitch to potential investors, making introductions to new partners, customers and investors, provide technology strategy and business development support, and helping define high level product architectures to startups and small companies. For larger companies we
provide technology scouting and technology trend monitoring services. Additionally we provide technical due diligence services to investors and venture capital companies as well as Intellectual Property strategy.
|Years: 1999 to 2009||Employer: Symantec/Veritas Software||Title: Senior Director Technology Scouting||Department: Office of the CIO||Responsibilities: ● Created and implemented the technology trend watching process (a process that tracks trends that are or will become important to Symantec).
● Created and implemented the technology scouting process and applied it to thousands of companies and/or Open Source initiatives
● Filtered thousands of invention proposals as member of the Patent Filter Committee
● Managed a team of very senior engineers and architects
● In 1999 discovered VMware and setup and managed the development partnership
● Established the VERITAS Linux kernel development group in the UK
● Defined and introduced the overall VERITAS product life cycle process
|Years: 1996 to 1999||Employer: Origin Technology in Business||Title: International Business Development Director||Department:||Responsibilities: ● Defined and standardized new service offerings, provided international project support
● Strategic Planning for mergers and acquisitions
● Created from the ground up local service practice and increased revenue from $0 to $1M
|Years: 1994 to 1996||Employer: Philips Electronics Research Lab||Title: Head of Software Engineering Research||Department:||Responsibilities: ● In depth research in Computer Supported Collaborative Work (CSCW) and Process Technology.
● Managed team of 30 senior software researchers
|Years: 1980 to 1994||Employer: AT&T Networks Systems (now Alcatel-Lucent)||Title: Several positions from engineer to Director||Department: Sales||Responsibilities: Director, Ukraine Account
● Established local office in Kiev and increased revenue from $0M to $50M. Established joint ventures in the Ukraine.
● Provided leadership to Ukraine account team and interacted with customers such as the Dutch ministry of Economic affairs, minister and deputy ministers of Ukrainian telecommunications, Dutch PTT, and German Bundespost.
Director, Documentation and Training Center
● Reorganized and grew the department from 40 to 120 people
● Improved customer satisfaction from unsatisfactory to excellent
Several positions from 5ESS development engineer, SDE architect, Supervisor System Engineering, and Department head 5ESS
|Years: 1978 to 1980||Employer: TNO Netherlands (Government Research institute)||Title: Researcher||Department:||Responsibilities: Research into mathematical computer models for determining speech intelligibility in rooms. TNO is a government subsidized applied research center. My research was done under a special grant from the Dutch government.|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: Netherlands||Summary: He worked in several jobs in the Netherlands from 1978 til 1999|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Over 30 patents referenced in over 500 other patents. 20 publications in Telecommunication, computers, and audiology.|
|Expert Witness Experience|
● worked on 19 different Inter Partes Reviews (IPR) both on patent owner side and defendant side
● worked on 10 cases as expert consultant for both sides
● did 3 depositions one for the defendant and two for plaintiff side
● did 3 multiday full source code review, C, C++
● Installed and tested a software system to check infringement
● wrote all the technical sections of the final expert witness report
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Fluent in Dutch.
System testing to detect software product infringements
|Dutch||He was born in the Netherlands and lived there for 45 years.|
|German||He learned German at school and became a fluent listener by watching German TV as a boy. Later took German language course at high school.|