Expert in Material Science Research and Innovation (Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Industries)
Expert ID: 737888 New Jersey, USA
Over 16 years of experience in the design, development, and execution of scientific projects, leading cross-functional teams in the delivery of product innovations, technology, process improvements, and best practice technical solutions to complex projects. Demonstrate exceptional analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
• Innovation Engineering Black Belt (48 new skill sets)
• Product Innovation
• Regulated markets (Aerospace & Medical)
• Technology Strategies
• Medical Textiles
• Material Science
• Statistical tools DOE/SPC
• Team Leadership
• Strategic Planning
• Six Sigma Black Belt
• Process Improvement Expert
• Advanced Material Manufacturing
Most Distinguished Projects:
• Worked on wearable resistance-based textile bio and chemo sensors. Such sensors allow physicians and patients to monitor their health and physiological well-being through the detection of glucose and additional metabolites in sweat.
• Conceptualized, designed, and commercialized most disruptive material for Aero safety product market resulted in Granted US Patent following structured Innovation Stage Gate Process
• Multiple products fully commercialized in the last 10 years following stage gate Innovation Methodology. Utilizing smart Tools like the Forecasting Calculator, New Market GPS exploring the financial possibilities of new markets, and TRIZ Interactive and EBSCO Host to provide smart stimulus for bold ideas.
• Designed state of the art Incontinent Pet Bed with integrated sensors to monitor pet health (contractor project for a Canadian Startup)
• Created technology roadmap for Safran on Innovative technologies like Self -healing coatings, nanocoating’s, 3D printed Aspirators, thermoplastic composites.
• Created a novel Upcycling process for Fiberglass Trim loss waste. It resulted in a new revenue stream of $2.5 Million per year.
• Process Improvement project on fiberglass processing line. Savings worth $1.2 Million
|Years: 2021 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: CEO||Department: R&D & Innovation|
|Years: 2020 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: VP of Product & Innovation||Department: R&D|
Responsibilities:- Leading product development efforts focused on growth and Innovation for fiber filtration consumer market.
- Championing a structured Innovation program using Demings Systems Engineering Model utilizing 70 tools for Creating, Communicating, Commercializing, and Problem Solving
- Multiple products launched in the last 15 months using rapid research with tools like stimulus mining, unrelated stimulus, patent mining, rapid PDSA cycles, rapid research alignment, operations, etc.
- Championing sustainability efforts and designing a program for a gradual reduction in carbon emissions.
- Championed numerous product and process improvement projects resulting in annualized savings of more than $5 million
- Technology scouting to identify new markets and growth opportunities
- Created a new vendor development and management system
- Create strategies to eliminate restricted substances and satisfy regulatory requirements of various countries
- Manage project budgets of more than $12 million.
|Years: 2009 to 2020||Employer: Safran Aerospace||Title: Research & Technology Senior Manager||Department: Innovation|
Responsibilities:Results-oriented R & D senior manager, leading Material Innovation team in the development of disruptive technologies utilizing Safran’s Innovation Process. Develop innovative strategies and advanced solutions to meet complex challenges, identifying areas for potential improvement. Implement off-site strategic planning sessions defining technology roadmaps based on data analysis. Strong knowledge of next generation technologies regarding high-temperature resistance materials, thermoplastic and thermoset adhesives, nonwovens, performance additives, films, elastomeric coatings, polymeric resins, advanced manufacturing processes, and 3D printing.
- Create Intellectual Property strategies for the material domain in collaboration with Intellectual Property Steering Committee, conducting SWOT analysis on competing patents and technologies.
- Created technology roadmap for Safran on Innovative technologies like Self -healing coatings, nanocoating, 3D printed Aspirators, thermoplastic composites.
- Research work on materials resulted in a patented technology creating the lightest material in the industry to date.
- Entrepreneur approach to launch Innovation projects pertaining to the materials value stream.
- Accelerated company growth coordinating efforts with senior leaders in acquisition of new platinum customers including Boeing and Airbus.
- Developed a new class of lightweight airtight fabric for use in aero safety products allowing the company to maintain its standards of product integrity. The product got fully commercialized in the year 2018.
- Launch open innovation projects, translating company-wide ideas into productive business opportunities.
|Years: 2010 to 2012||Employer: Zodiac Aerospace||Title: Technology Project Lead||Department:|
Responsibilities:Innovative technology leader participating in research projects with Universities, Research Groups, and private companies, delivering next generation materials, enabling organizations to become more efficient, profitable, and competitive. Collaborated on research projects and disruptive technologies focused on development of breakthrough solutions in Materials field, including composite resins, polymeric adhesives, fibers, and nonwoven textiles.
|Years: 2009 to 2010||Employer: Zodiac Aerospace||Title: Senior Engineer||Department:|
Responsibilities:Technology project leader focused on implementation of strategic action plans in the design, production, and delivery of quality products. Collaborated with vendors and technical teams on material requirements and quality assurance. Coordinated efforts with suppliers, quality and engineering teams to conduct root cause analysis of quality issues. Strong knowledge of test standards including ASTM, AATCC, ISO, Federal Standards, Mil specs, FAA, and TSO.
|Years: 2008 to 2009||Employer: SGS US Testing Company Inc.||Title: Technical Material Specialist||Department:|
Responsibilities:Utilized technical consulting expertise in delivery of client solutions in various consumer product markets. Collaborated with clients to gain insight into operations and technical requirements, to develop best practice test plans on restricted substances, strategic and tactical action plans for continued business growth. Working knowledge of regulatory compliance for all government bodies for multiple countries. Represent SGS technical support center providing support across 54 labs.
|Years: 2005 to 2007||Employer: University of Massachusetts; Biochemical Sensor and Actuators||Title: Material Science Researcher||Department:|
Responsibilities:Created sensors and actuators that depended on the detection of resistance whereby results were attained through the volumetric changes of conductive carbon loaded hydrogels composites. Specifically, developed amine epoxy-based conductive hydrogels that were immobilized with different enzymes and then submerged in substrates.
- Developed novel class of sensors known as chemo resistors, which utilize conducting polymers to detect toxic vapors.
- Developed hydrogels that did and did not contain immobilized glucose oxidase and proceeded to place these hydrogels on a flexible substrate.
- This research work resulted in publications in multiple journals, talks and conferences.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|ASQ Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – American Society of Quality
Innovation Engineer Black Belt- Eureka Ranch Innovation Engineering program (taught by world-renowned Innovator Doug Hall)
Modern DOE and Process Optimization Certificate from State EASE Academy; the Year 2020
Project Management – Project Management Academy
|Awards / Recognition|
|Recipient of Zodiac Presidents Award for best project of the year, 3 years
Recipient of Full Scholarship Grant under NTC for Graduate Studies at University of Massachusetts
Presented on Innovations in Aerospace Manufacturing at SAFE SYMPOSIUM, 2 years
Speaker on “Innovation Process at Zodiac” at Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, 2 years