Expert in Mechanical Engineer, Product Development, Engineering Analysis
Expert ID: 736200 Mississippi, USA
Expert is highly experienced in project management in the medical device and automotive industry. He has extensive years of experience sourcing and specifying capital equipment, leading and training engineers and maintenance technicians. Expert has strong written and verbal communications skills, experience organizing resources and establishing priorities, and experience providing technical support to multifunctional teams.
Expert's involvement validating medical device manufacturing processes has led him to become an expert in his field and is now considered one of the leading experts in his field.
Expert uses problem solving to deliver successful results to each project.
Registered Professional Engineer and Six Sigma Black Belt
|Year: 1999||Degree: Master of Science||Subject: Materials Science||Institution: University of Cincinnati|
|Year: 1996||Degree: Bachelor of Science||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: North Carolina A & T State University|
|Year: 1995||Degree: Bachelor of Science||Subject: Mathematics||Institution: Jackson State University|
|Years: 2017 to 2020||Employer: Marelli||Title: Manufacturing Engineer III||Department: Injection Molding||Responsibilities: Manage capital projects for the injection molding business unit; Started new manufacturing plant from an empty warehouse; Installed 6 Nissei 850T, 2 Nissei 650T and one Ube 2500T over 2 years; Coordinated electrical, mechanical and rigging contractors; Managed the installation schedules to meet management deadlines; Capital project accountability updates to management and stakeholders; Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment to minimize production downtime
• Established process parameters for injection molded parts for IBU components used in Nissan automobiles Murano, Titan and Frontier
• Analyzed processing data using Minitab to confirm part consistency ±5%
• Improved OEE on Injection Machines across three shifts from 48% to 85% to improve quality, output, scrap, and decreased overtime by running a series of DOE’s (Design of Experiments) to optimize the processing parameters with a cost savings of $250,000 in FY18 and a projected cost savings of $725,000 in FY19.
• Troubleshoot equipment failures to reduce manufacturing down time
|Years: 2014 to 2017||Employer: Baxter Healthcare||Title: Sr. Manufacturing Project Engineer||Department: LSR Injection Molding||Responsibilities: Manage capital projects for the injection molding focus factory with budgets as much as $2MM; Weekly capital project accountability updates to management and stakeholders; Manage contractors used in the installation of utilities and capital equipment; Specify, source and commission capital equipment for profit maintenance, production expansion and continuous improvement; Management and training of junior engineers; Mentor junior engineers; Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment to minimize production downtime
• Managed the installation, commissioning and validation of a LSR IMM that consisted of the SAT being performed in Austria, making shipping arrangements and coordinating functional testing with downstream focus factories for validation
• Managed the upgrade of obsolete IMM to minimize the risk of extended downtimes
• Managed the installation of a system to reduce the risk of curing a LIM mold due to a power outage
|Years: 2012 to 2014||Employer: Essentra Porous Technologies||Title: Product Development Engineer||Department: Porous Plastics Development||Responsibilities: Manage the Research and Development facility; Specify, source and commission capital equipment for process scale-up; Management and training of engineering technicians; Communicate with customers to understand their product specifications ;Perform incoming inspection of raw materials to confirm specifications are met; Organized facility work flow to reduce inefficiencies
• Designed 40 R&D developed porous plastics products and transferred to production parts that included medical devices, based on customer specifications and requirements that successfully launched and generated over $400,000 in annual sales for domestic and international customers.
• Managed cross functional team during the transition of high profile projects from research and development to production.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|• Registered Professional Engineer, Commonwealth of Virginia
• Six Sigma Black Belt, Georgia Institute of Technology