Expert in Medical Device Quality Assurance and Compliance , FDA Medical Device Regulations, Quality Management Systems, Lean Six Sigma, Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Expert ID: 735921 Georgia, USA
As the Chief Executive Officer of his consulting company, Expert helps medical device companies with a host of FDA regulatory and compliance issues. As a full-service Regulatory, Reliability Consulting, and sales corporation for medical device and product lifecycle, he help companies market novel and advanced medical devices.
EXPERTISE • Medical Device Reliability and Test Planning Strategy for Medical Devices • Quality Assurance and Regulatory Strategy for Medical Devices • New Product Development Strategy in Lean Six Sigma Healthcare (Continuous improvement program) • Quality Engineering input to support Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, and Distribution activities. • Quality Management System (QMS) implementation • Develop, establish, and maintain quality engineering methodologies, systems, and practices • Reduce and control Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, customer complaints) leading or participating in efforts and cross-functional teams focused on identifying the primary root causes and implementing corrective and preventative actions. • Medical Device Reporting (MDR) • Internal quality management system (QMS) audits as a Lead Auditor. • FDA New Product Registration, Application submissions • ISO 9001 Quality system Registration • ISO 13485 Medical device Quality system Registration • ISO 14971 Medical Device Risk Management Strategy
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Atlanta - Florida - Washington - Marietta
|Year: 2020||Degree: Dual PhD/Msc||Subject: Engineering Management||Institution: Walden University, USA|
|Year: 2010||Degree: Msc||Subject: Quality Engineering - Quality Assurance Concentration||Institution: Southern Polytechnic State University, USA|
|Year: 2004||Degree: Bsc.||Subject: Biomedical Engineering||Institution: University of Applied Sciences Bremerhaven, Germany|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Chief Executive Officer/ Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: EXPERTISE
• Medical Device Reliability and Test Planning Strategy for Medical Devices
• Quality Assurance and Regulatory Strategy for Medical Devices
• New Product Development Strategy
• Lean Six Sigma Healthcare (Continuous improvement program)
• Quality Engineering input to support Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, and Distribution activities.
• Quality Management System (QMS) implementation
• Develop, establish, and maintain quality engineering methodologies, systems, and practices
• Reduce and control Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, customer complaints)
• Medical Device Regulation (MDR) Reporting.
• Internal quality management system (QMS) audits as a Lead Auditor.
• Regulatory Post Market Surveillance Analysis/Reporting
• FDA New Product Registration, Application submissions
• ISO 9001 Quality system Registration
• ISO 13485 Medical device Quality system Registration
• ISO 14971 Medical Device Risk Management Strategy
|Years: 2008 to 2019||Employer: Philips Healthcare – Kennesaw, USA||Title: Sr. Biomedical / Quality Assurance Engineer||Department: Quality Assurance and Regulations||Responsibilities: • Lead continuous improvement projects using lean, kaizen, and six sigma concepts.
• Train associates on continuous improvement tools
• Identify and action improvements of current processes with a focus on Lean techniques and simplification.
• Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
• Participate in Medical Device Reporting (MDR) regulation (21 CFR Part 803)
• Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses.
• Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capturing.
• Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved. Identify quality problems, investigate, or report questionable test results.
• Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on the appropriateness of data for release.
• Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, or protocols.
• Performs timely, detailed, and independent internal quality management system (QMS), product-focused, and process-focused audits as a Lead Auditor.
• Review responses to audit findings for completeness and effectiveness.
• Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
• Acts as an advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
• Use a data-driven and risk-based approach to scope impact of findings and to identify opportunities for proactive improvements.
|Years: 2007 to 2008||Employer: Hewlett Packard – Alpharetta, USA||Title: Operations Lead Coordinator||Department: Operations||Responsibilities: • Design and develop process workflow in compliance with product requirements.
• Identify risks and issues in business processes and systems.
• Write, schedule, plan, manage and execute process performance qualifications/verifications, and process validations in compliance with product requirements
• Coordinate and collaborate with multiple operational groups including, Research and Development, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs
• Execute on sampling plans and testing of materials and analysis, documentation and reporting of results
• Develop, recommend, and document quality assurance activities on deviations and CAPAs
• Investigate and help to support the resolution of Customer Complaints and non-conformance issues
• Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
• Help to coordinate and support on-site quality / regulatory audits
• Analyze operating data and statistics to identify opportunities, develop action plans, and implement process improvements.
• Monitor and measure the benefits of post-process implementation to ensure product quality, efficiency, and improvement.
• Prepare business process reports for management and customers.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 1994 to 2005||Country / Region: Germany||Summary: International student|
|Associations / Societies|
|Orphan Kids Help Foundation
Atlanta Veterans FC
|Licenses / Certifications|
|• Certified Six Sigma Master Black belt (MBB)
• Certified Lean Six Sigma Expert
• Certified ISO 13485 Quality Management Systems specialist including 21 CFR Parts 820 Quality System Regulations
• Certified ISO 14971 Risk Management specialist
• Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
• Certified Japanese Pharmaceutical law expert
Fields of Expertise
• FDA New Product Registration, Application submissions 510k, • Quality Assurance and Regulatory Strategy for Medical Devices, • Quality Management System (QMS) implementation, • Medical Device Reliability and Test Planning Strategy, Lean Six Sigma Healthcare, lean six sigma, product recall process, FDA medical device regulation, foreign medical device regulation, medical device manufacturing quality control, quality engineering, medical device reliability testing, European Union's Good Manufacturing Practice, Medical Device Reporting (MDR)