Expert in Networking, Communications, Computers, Software
Expert ID: 737943 New Jersey, USA
Expert is also a published author with higher education degrees including MSCS, BSEE, & BSCoE from Washington University in St. Louis.
Expert's technical expertise include:
Examples of completed consulting engagements below:
• Wireless business, product, and technology strategy development for Comcast’s entrance to the wireless communications service provider market. Developed long term network and system architecture roadmap for Comcast’s wireless communications services platform
• Strategically evaluated new technologies and new products for efficacy against longer ranged business, architectural, and technological objectives
• Standards research and development and trade groups engagements. Engaged LoRa Alliance, CableLabs, Wi-Fi Alliance, Small Cell Forum, and WiMAX Forum representing Comcast’s interests
• Network and system architecture efforts that contributed to Comcast’s eventual XfinityWiFi platform
• Developed roaming and federation system architecture as it relates to partnering with other cable operators and wireless providers (MSOs and MNOs) to provide services – e.g., on matters of cross technology inter-op, cross service provider tunneling and inter-op, cross provider billing, cross provider and cross radio access technology service handoffs, resulted in the Hotspot 2.0 / Passpoint standard
• Conceived architecture options and corresponding roadmaps, presented architecture options and roadmaps to senior management (Senior VP and VP levels) and to leaders of different internal organizations, with analyses on benefits, costs, and trade-offs for different architecture options and roadmaps
• Worked with Comcast’s management to drive consensus and secure buy-ins from different internal organizations for technology and architecture roadmaps
• Designed, planned, and choreographed demonstrations of new technologies and new products with partnering suppliers. Presented such demonstrations to senior management and leaders from different internal organizations to help them understand how the new technologies or new products would fit into the company’s longer term strategic vision
*Extensive list, available upon request.
|Year: 1999||Degree: MSCS||Subject: Computer Science||Institution: Washington University in St. Louis|
|Year: 1997||Degree: BSEE||Subject: Electrical Engineering||Institution: Washington University in St. Louis|
|Year: 1997||Degree: BSCoE||Subject: Computer Engineering||Institution: Washington University in St. Louis|
|Year: 1997||Degree: BA||Subject: Computer Science||Institution: College of Wooster|
|Years: 2008 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President and Consultant||Department:|
Responsibilities:Provides Strategic Consulting, Business Consulting, Standards Consulting, System Architecture and Technology Consulting services to research, develop, and commercialize innovative wireless communications and networking technologies, as well as Expert Witness services in patent, intellectual property, and other legal cases concerning Networking & Communications, Wi-Fi, Cellular Technologies, Cloud Computing, and Web Services.
|Years: 2000 to 2007||Employer: Airvana, Inc.||Title: Consulting Engineer||Department: Engineering|
Responsibilities:Wireless communications network and system architect, telecommunications standards and software engineering research and development.
|Years: 1999 to 2000||Employer: Lucent Technologies||Title: Software Engineer||Department: Engineering - Core Switching Division|
Responsibilities:Network switching equipment software research and development.
|Associations / Societies|
|Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) since 2008, Senior Member|
|Philadelphia IEEE Consultant Network, Vice Chair|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|11 patents to date, 8 publications, 6 public presentations/talks.|
|Chinese Mandarin||Functionally Native|
Fields of Expertise
computer network, wireless network, wireless broadband system, cellular telecommunication, communication software, computer software, internet technology, communications technology, Internet standard, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol, computer network standard, cloud computing, plastic optical fiber