Expert in OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health, Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Manufacturing, Workers Compensation, Accident Investigation
Expert ID: 735118 Texas, USA
Expert also possesses the expert ability as an Advanced Accident Investigator and Trainer and is certified as an Occupational Health & Safety Technician through the "Board of Certified Safety Professionals".
All facets of Occupational Safety & Health (auditing, inspections, training, OSHA intervention, injury/fatality investigation, written program development, etc.)
Qualifications under Federal Rules of Evidence Rule 702. Specializing in workplace Occupational Safety & Health regulations and practices in many different industries. Interpretation of OSHA and MSHA regulations which include all other regulatory entities that are “Incorporated by Reference” as well as ANSI & ASTM. Years of experience working in the different industries and applying the expertise with investigations, assessments and analysis of complying with such regulations.
Advanced level and skilled certified Occupational Health & Safety Technologist (OHST) with more than 17 years’ experience providing organizational conformance & compliance, safety training development and facilitated programs which includes training needs analysis and training program design. Safety culture design and improvement along with traditional and modern methods used.
Several years Implementing and performing gap analysis on numerous types of process improvements & EHS management systems, to include government agencies (state & federal) and large manufacturing corporations. Main industries experienced in are as follow:
▪ Oil & gas, mining (E&P, Midstream, Plant & Production)
▪ Construction (Industrial, Commercial, Civil & Residential)
▪ Medical and retail
▪ Solar energy
▪ Cannabis manufacturing
Areas of Expertise
· Environmental Health, Safety and Quality Management Systems
· Safety Coach/Mentor
· OSHA Expert (Construction, Manufacturing & Oil and Gas)
· Certification Trainer
· Occupational Safety; Health/ Exposure Expertise
· Operational Change Management
· HSE Inspection Program
· Minor; Serious Case Incident Investigations
· Management System Audits
· Risk Assessment, Management and Control
· Behavior-Based Safety
· Safety Culture Philosophies
· Regulatory Compliance Training
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Dallas, TX - Houston, TX
|Year: 2012||Degree: OHST Certificate||Subject: Safety & Health||Institution: BCSP|
|Years: 2020 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Safety Director||Department: EHS Department||Responsibilities: Created functional OHS system and manage, and support the EH&S culture for large construction company of 1000 employees, throughout the U.S.
• Coach & manage a great team of safety managers throughout several operating areas of Texas and the U.S.
• Assess the overall global safety culture and institute modern techniques to develop culture buy-in from employees and champion a field leadership safety ownership.
• Support Project Managers & location operation VP’s with project compliance.
• Monitor continuous improvement for the health & safety of all employees along with regulatory compliance.
• Manage Workers Compensation and Case management for injuries.
• Instituted companywide site inspection program, coaching & metrics delivery
• Invented & created field leadership (leader to subordinate -peer to peer) coaching program. Program is called COAT (Coach-Observe- Assess-Teach)
• Created and rolled out an employee safety education program which includes a training needs.
|Years: 2009 to 2020||Employer: Advanced Safety Consulting, LTD||Title: President/Owner||Department: Occupational Safety & Health Consulting||Responsibilities: Provide occupational safety and health consulting services for a variety of clients throughout United States. Offer program analysis and development or updating. Also provide training courses, regulation interpretation, hazard & compliance audits and Behavior Based Safety program creation. Provide resources and investigations on any class incidents to prevent/reduce litigation and worker’s compensation claims. Guide companies through
successful audits without citations, adhering to OSHA and MSHA requirements. Serve as liaison between clients and regulatory inspectors.
Managed, EHS teams (3 -7 employees) supported ISNetworld, Pics, Avetta & Safeland database systems. Coached and mentored managers and frontline employees on safety training such as site orientation, energy isolation, lifting & hoisting, confined space entry and hazard communication. Assisted customers by using track & trend, gap analysis, OHSAS 1800 and ISO 9001.2000 methodologies. Some projects consisted of CONSTRUCTION of million gallon above ground storage tanks, processing plant construction builds, etc. Overseen onsite safety employees during the construction phases.
• Conducted audits & inspections on new construction builds, upgrades and demolition projects for companies ranging in size of 20 – 2000 employees.
• Conducted risk assessments for new projects and remodels
• Conducted over 1000 hours training for the construction industry to include OSHA 10 & 30 Hour.
• Acted as Site Safety & Health Official for USACE during 3 construction electrical upgrades.
• Limon, Co Wind Turbine Farm Construction
• Developed & conducted Occupational health/Industrial hygiene testing, quantifying and rolling out action plans for several health risk / exposure classes of hazards.
• Coors Field Scoreboard replacement
• Montana State University college housing construction project
• Miami, Fl Multi-family new CONSTRUCTION project in downtown area
• Denver Regional Transportation District (Depot) Demolition & Upgrade
• Involved in over 40 different small construction projects-new construction, remodel, abatement & demolition (provided safety inspections, onsite safety, risk management, etc.)
• Brought several companies in all industries from having no safety & health programs to being 100% OSHA audit compliant and lowering their Total Recordable Incident Rates along with their EMR by assisting them in creating an actual safety culture.
|Years: 2007 to 2009||Employer: Rockwater Energy Solutions||Title: Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager||Department: EHS||Responsibilities: Collaborated with regional Vice President to develop and manage EHS program, ensuring Rockies Region (Front Range, Grand Junction, Utah) was compliant to company’s LIFE (Live Incident Free Everyday) safety standards. Managed regional budget, EHS team (3 employees) and ISNetworld database system. Coached and mentored managers and front-line employees on safety training such as site orientation, energy isolation, lifting & hoisting, confined space entry and hazard communication. Attained 2.0 TRIR for entire region using track & trend, gap analysis, OHSAS 1800 and ISO 9001.2000 methodologies|
|Years: 2016 to 2018||Agency: US/ Army Corp of Engineers||Role: Site Safety and Health Official||Description: Managed and provided SSHO expertise for contracting company on Army bases.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Member: American Society of Safety Professionals
Member: National Safety Council
Member: National Association of Safety Professionals
|Licenses / Certifications|
|OHST Certified through the “Board of Certified Safety Professionals”
Authorized OSHA Trainer through the US Department of labor
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Number of cases to date: 4|