Expert in Power Sources, Batteries, Lithium-Ion Batteries, Six-Sigma, and Program Management
Expert provides consulting services to small and up-and-coming businesses on operational inefficiencies, product quality issues. He also offers advice to overcome and excel in these areas as well in manufacturing process standardization and automation.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: San Jose, California - San Francisco, California - Sacramento, California - Oakland, California - Stockton, California - Fremont, California - Modesto, California - Salinas, California - Santa Rosa, California - Hayward, California
|Year: 2002||Degree: Master of Science||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: University of Houston|
|Years: 2012 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Technical Program Manager||Department: WW Operations||Responsibilities: • Setup lithium-ion battery pack manufacturing lines and manage build activities in partnership with Asian CMs/OEMs from concept to Ramp for mobile system platforms
• Drive cross-functional team consisting of Supply-chain, Engineering, Product Design and Automation groups to meet program goals for cost, product design, quality and manufacturing.
• Drive failure analysis and corrective actions due to design and process at ramp and for early field failures.
|Years: 2010 to 2012||Employer: A123 Systems||Title: Manufacturing Enigneer||Department: Operations||Responsibilities: • Supervise lithium-ion prismatic cell assembly equipment installation, trouble-shooting, qualification and operations for EV and back-up power applications.
• Author and/or maintain relevant Engineering and APQP documents (ISO/TS certifications, Process flow, PFMEA, Change Logs, Work instructions etc.)
• Apply 8D methodologies in problem-solving activities to ensure product meets Quality metrics and specs.
• Lead Continuous-Improvement projects employing DOEs and miscellaneous Lean, Six-sigma tools
|Years: 2006 to 2010||Employer: Cobasys||Title: Product Engineer||Department: Product Engineering||Responsibilities: • Serve as Technical Expert (North American operations) on Li-ion and Ni-MH cell and module products.
• Plan, co-ordinate and execute cell testing activities (safety, performance) for HEV, PHEV and EV programs for Automotive customers.
• Core team member of Battery pack integration, thermal management and pack failure analyses teams.
• Drive problem solving and continuous improvement activities, e.g. Design-for-Manufacture & Assembly (DFM/DFA), scrap reduction, production validation etc.
• Drive NiMH battery design improvement activities for HEV and back-up storage applications;
• Author/maintain various engineering documents (BOMs, Engineering Change Requests, prints, SORs, FMEAs and miscellaneous APQP documents).
• Support product design team in analyzing new concepts
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2012 to 2016||Country / Region: China||Summary: Work with various CM/OEMs while working as TPM for Apple|
|Associations / Societies|
|Project Management Institute, member|
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Six-sigma Black Belt, ASQ|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Expert has presented to the American Physical Society, Division of Fluid Dynamics, on aluminum air cell technology and electrolyte flow.|