Risk Management, Stakeholder Engagement, Standardized Procedures, OSHA, Regulatory, EPA Compliance
ID: 739716 Texas, USA
Expert is a conscientious, solutions-focused, and results-driven Safety Manager who thrives in roles combining extensive industry-accepted best practices, risk management, stakeholder engagement, standardized procedures, OSHA, Regulatory, and EPA compliance experience. He is a growth catalyst with tactical foresight, keen bottom-line focus, and verifiable success in reducing the Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) and developing and implementing safety programs, policies, and procedures that result in millions of dollars in company savings annually. Expert has strong qualifications in personnel development, process innovation, and performance improvement, with a talent for providing clear expectations and directions while fostering creativity, synergy, and collaboration.
• Environmental Health & Safety
• Project/Personnel Management
• Staff Supervision/Staff Leadership
• Regulatory/Code Compliance
• Program Creation/Deployment
• Risk Mitigation/Risk Management
• Field Inspections/Site Audits
• Policy/Procedure Development
• Best Practices/Quality Assurance
• Incident/Claims Management
• Accident Research/Inquiries
• Budget/Resource Management
• Cost Containment/Cost Savings
• Instructional Design and Delivery
• Business Consulting/Guidance
▪ Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
▪ Forms on Fire Site Safety Inspection Program
|Year: 2000||Degree: Bachelors of Science||Subject: Occupational Heallth and Safety Engineering||Institution: Columbia Southern University|
|Years: 2022 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Site Health and Safety Officer||Department: Safety|
Responsibilities:Prepare and enforce the company Safety Program as a Prime Contractor for federal-level clients including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), and U.S. Department of State (DOS) for a construction corporation serving multiple markets such as general contracting, flood control, site work, excavating, and heavy civil (including design-build services)
• Oversee site safety and health management.
• Visually inspect sites to identify and address potential hazards.
• Conduct regular safety meetings and project-specific training classes.
• Maintain meticulous records to ensure compliance with various OSHA, State, and Federal laws.
|Years: 2021 to 2022||Employer: CEC Facilities Group||Title: Safety Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:Directed the day-to-day activities of up to six safety coordinators across multiple sites, with an emphasis on large electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and pipe-fitting projects, for one of the fastest growing, commercial construction and specialty subcontractors in Texas; trained new employees and created and presented innovative and engaging curriculum.
• Managed all fleet accident investigations involving company personnel and vehicles.
|Years: 2016 to 2017||Employer: DFW Safety and First Aid||Title: Senior Safety Consultant||Department:|
Responsibilities:Provided expert safety training, onsite safety staffing, accident investigations, and full safety program management and development for a leading provider of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) consulting services.
• Worked with businesses to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, reduce injuries, cut environmental pollution, and prevent accidents.
|Years: 2006 to 2016||Agency: OSHA Consultation Program Texas Department of Insurance||Role: Safety Inspector||Description: State of Texas, Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) Consultation Program
Established the OSHA Consultation Program (OSHCON) for commercial construction for the State of Texas while also developing relationships with commercial construction companies in the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) area for a full-service agency serving private employers by helping identify and eliminate occupational hazards in the workplace.
• Implemented and monitored corporate, regional, and OSHA safety standards for up to 250 employees at construction sites for a variety of high-profile clients.
• Conducted OSHA-compliant site safety inspections for general industry, medical facilities, oil field operations, and construction sites; observed employee activities and worksite/workplace conditions to ensure compliance with safety standards and submitted remediation recommendations to ensure attainment of OSHA standards.
• Delivered OSHA training to construction and corporate safety managers.
• Consulted on compliance issues, leveraging in-depth knowledge of OSHA and regulatory requirements.
• Recognized as the state’s top producer responsible for the evaluation of health and safety programs to ensure compliance with OSHA requirements for commercial, residential, and highway construction sites and facilities.
• Earned an OSHA Region VI service award for service to commercial construction in 2011.
• Pioneered a state-wide construction safety training program for safety inspectors; enabled a significant expansion of construction safety inspections and dramatically improved the inspectors’ knowledge of OSHA standards and their ability to identify and correct hazards to prevent injury.
|Years: 2017 to 2021||Agency: City of Frisco||Role: Safety Coordinator||Description: Instituted the municipality’s first ever safety program; developed and implemented effective policies and training citywide.
• Worked in unison with the internal construction management team on city facility construction projects and provided support to the fire department’s safety officers.
• Conducted site safety inspections of all city facilities; identified and corrected safety hazards and assisted with development of corrective actions to eliminate reoccurrence.
• Investigated all accidents concerning city-owned vehicles including collisions involving heavy equipment.
• Remained abreast of updates to technical and regulatory issues for employee safety and health.
• Demonstrated record of progressive performance results and specific strengths in strategic thinking, large program development, and effectiveness in managing and overseeing complex initiatives.
• Transformed the climate and culture in terms of safety and safe operation among employees at all levels, from senior management to field employees.
• Produced an in-house dump truck operations video, as part of the fleet accident prevention program, and developed initiatives that led to the reduction of accidents involving automobiles and motorized equipment; reduced accident rates by over 50% and introduced more aggressive/effective defensive drivers training for all employees driving city vehicles, 2017 - 2021.
• Earned Prima Award (national recognition) for the city’s safe trailer operations program; eliminated trailer-involved accidents (from 15 to zero) in the first year of the training program, 2017.
|Associations / Societies|
|▪ American Society of Safety Professional (ASSP)
▪ National Society of Safety Professionals (NASP)
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Certified Safety Manager for Construction
EM 385 40 Hour
Auto accident Reconstruction
▪ 654171 Fleet Safety Management
▪ Incident Investigation
▪ 30 Construction
▪ 500 Construction Trainer
▪ 501 General Industry Trainer
▪ 510 Construction Standards
▪ 511 General Industry Standards
▪ 1000 Initial Compliance Officer
▪ 2266 Confined Space Compliance
▪ Certified Confined Space Entry & Rescue Specialist
▪ Certified Environmental Health & Safety Manager
▪ Certified Safety Manager for Construction (CSMC)
▪ Certified Safety Training Specialist
|Awards / Recognition|
|▪ National Award from PRIMA for the trailer training program
▪ OSHA Award for my work in safety for commercial and residential construction
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Expert has 5+ years of experience as an expert in both commercial construction and general industry.|
|Training / Seminars|
|Speaker at the OSHA VVP Star Conference
Additional Certifications/Specialized Training:
▪ Accident Investigation
▪ Advanced Defensive Driving Techniques
▪ Advanced Firefighting
▪ Advanced Training in Confined Space Rescue
▪ Building A High-Performance Team
▪ Commercial Motor Vehicle Level 1
▪ Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety
▪ Defensive Driving Basics
▪ Emergency Control of Hazardous Materials I & II
▪ Hazardous Materials Command/Technician/Safety Systems Emergency Response
▪ Hazardous Materials Instructor
▪ Hazardous Site Worker
▪ Hazardous Materials Transportation Train the Trainer
▪ Incident Command System
▪ Investigating Incidents for Local Government
▪ Phase 1 At-Scene Collision Reconstruction
▪ Phase 2 Technical Collision Reconstruction
▪ Traffic Control Supervisor
▪ Traffic Incident Management
▪ US Army Corp of Engineers (USACE) 24-Hour Fall Protection Competent Person Training
▪ USACE Required Emergency Management 385 40-Hour Course ▪ Vehicle Operations for Maintenance Personnel
▪ Vehicle Operations for Public Entities
▪ Work Zone Safety: Temporary Traffic Control
|Other Relevant Experience|
▪ Construction Safety Manager (Contract), Burns & McDonnell and Hulcher Services, Fort Worth/Denton, TX
▪ Corporate Safety Engineer, Duraline, Gainesville, TX
▪ Safety Supervisor, Georgia-Pacific, Warm Springs, GA
▪ OSHA Instructor, West Georgia College, LaGrange, GA
▪ OSHA Instructor, Niagara Community College, Sanborn, NY