Expert in Robotics and UAV's
Business model analysis and refinement. Development of engineering process maturity.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Los Angeles, California - San Diego, California - Long Beach, California - Santa Ana, California - Anaheim, California - Riverside, California - Glendale, California - Huntington Beach, California - San Bernardino, California - Chula Vista, California
|Year: 1988||Degree: Master of Science||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: MIT|
|Year: 1986||Degree: Bachelor of Science||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: MIT|
|Years: 2015 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: VP Engineering||Department: Engineering||Responsibilities: • Led team of electrical, firmware and UX resources to release of streaming HD (H.264) product, with successful, stable, multi-camera system installs at dozens of customer locations. Increased release stability from 2-3 week cycle to 5-6 month cycle.
• Led engineering and supply team through development of next generation, cellular-connected camera and IOT gateway, including selection of and successful engagement with Asian contract manufacturer from initial product concept to pre-production.
• Implemented engineering structure, repeatable workflows, and effective communication, resulting in stable product releases and predictable schedules. Initial release was running stably after a year.
|Years: 2013 to 2015||Employer: 3D Robotics||Title: VP Engineering||Department: Engineering||Responsibilities: • Led mechanical, electrical and software team of 20 engineers to successful release of IRIS and IRIS+ multi-copter platforms, as well as numerous, parallel products. Company’s first mass-produced consumer product released under my watch.
• Implemented engineering workflow and discipline, resulting in manageable, predictive schedules and increased engineering efficiency.
• Oversaw operational side of 3D Robotics’ San Diego facility, including product prototyping, manufacturing interface in Tijuana, Mexico, and facility supervision for warehouse, production and shipping. Utilized professional working proficiency in Spanish.
|Years: 2009 to 2013||Employer: Solekai Systems||Title: EVP Engineering||Department: Engineering||Responsibilities: • Managed and grew engineering department from 50 to 90 employees, overseeing project execution and interfacing with executive team of 5 VPs and President.
• Key responsibilities included company strategic planning, business development, customer management, proposal development, and engineering execution and delivery. Repeatable success in project execution led to multiple extensions and long-term engagements with customers.
|Years: 2001 to 2009||Employer: Vision Robotics||Title: Developer and Engineering Manager||Department: Engineering||Responsibilities: • Managed multiple development projects for agriculture, with a total of 11 engineers (8 software, 2 mechanical and 1 electrical).
• Brought three products to prototype state, with successful operations in the field: robotic fruit detection systems for apples, another for oranges, and robotic pruning systems for grape vines.
• Wrote code for robotic drive system, motion planning and navigation. Hardware integration and validation.
|Spanish||Professional working proficiency|