Expert in Safety, Quality System and Energy Auditing
Expert ID: 729174 Canada
Expert. Expert has successfully initiated and actively contributed to the following activities:
* Chair of the Division Health and Safety committee.
* Developed local Health and Safety management plan and practices
* Developed and implemented Safety key performance leading indicators.
* Prepared and maintained an office emergency plan.
* Supervised 2 field safety advisors ( construction)
* Developed and implemented and office ergonomics and wellness program.
* Participated in local and international safety audits and inspections.
Expert. Expert has managed the process for obtaining the following certifications and rewards:
* Local Industrial Cooperative annual audit (98%)
* Obtained national Industrial Association for the Prevention of Accident level I certification.
* Obtained wellness gold medal from Lambton County Health department.
* Achieved 94% in the corporate CORE safety audit.
* 7 years ( 4 MM manhours ) without a lost time incident.
Expert has vast experience in quality system and was involved in the following:
* Chair of the division quality council
* Responsible for the transition of ISO-9000/1994 to ISO-9000/2000
* Maintained ISO-9000/2000 registration certificate through 3rd party semi-annual audit.
* Ensure that corrective actions from the internal audits program are effective.
* Ensure that ISO documentation is properly maintained.
* Participated in quality system audits.
Expert. Expert has successfully managed the following processes:
* Customer satisfaction process.
* Control of non-conformance.
* Competency and training of personnel in quality systems.
* Analysis of data to demonstrate effectiveness of quality systems.
Expert. Expert has developed expertise in the area of energy conservation and auditing
* Conducted energy audits for local businesses, municipalities and utilities companies.
* Conducted studies for clients interested in LEED certification.
* Produced comprehensive energy audit reports including energy savings recommendations to clients.
* Developed list of possible credits/points for clients interested in LEED certification.
Energy conservation and auditing.LEED certification studies.
|Year: 1968||Degree: BS||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: Universite of Montreal, Ecole Polytechnique|
|Years: 1997 to 2009||Employer: Colt WorleyParsons Engineering||Title: Safety and Quality Manager||Department: Safety and Quality||Responsibilities: Expert. Expert was the manager of quality system, health and safety responsible for all activities related to safety and quality. Supervised 2 field safety advisors.|
|Years: 1972 to 1997||Employer: Dow Chemical||Title: Plant Manager and Project Manager||Department: Various Manufacturing Plant and Capital Project Management||Responsibilities: Managed the design, engineering and construction of site major projects. Directed the implementation of Operating Discipline. Set plant safety and industrial hygiene policies and standards. Developed vision and long-term plant strategies. Set annual operating budget. Participated in the North American latex business team.|
|Years: 1968 to 1972||Employer: Domtar||Title: Production Supervisor||Department: Chlorine and Caustic Plant||Responsibilities:|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: U.S. and Europe||Summary: Particpation in energy auditing and safety audit.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Bluwater Sustainability Initiative technical committee.
Member of the Inn of the Good Shepherd board.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Association of professional Engineers of Ontario|
|Training / Seminars|
Modern Safety Management;
Deming's Quality, Productivity and competitive position.
|Expanded styrofoam, latex and energy auditing.|
Fields of Expertise
auditing, energy auditing, energy consumption, energy efficiency, industrial safety, ISO 9000 auditing, ISO 9000 implementation, ISO 9000 quality system documentation, ISO 9000 registration system, ISO 9000 series quality system standard, safety auditing, safety engineering, safety inspection, safety management, safety plan, occupational health & safety, energy supply, mechanical engineering analysis, energy requirement, ISO 9001, chemical safety training, safety training, chemical process safety engineering, construction safety management, off-the-job safety, chemical safety management, chemical process safety management, energy-efficient incandescent lamp, chemical process safety, International Organization for Standardization, plant safety, construction safety, chemical safety