Expert in Surface Mount Solders
Core Expertise Areas:
• Expert witness- extensive experience in product liability, supply chain issues, patent dispute,
• Intellectual property - management and dispute resolution
• Electronics hardware manufacturing – semiconductor packaging, printed-circuit-board
• Electronics hardware - production defect, product reliability, product reliability
• Lead-free solder – materials, technology, manufacturing, reliability
• Corporate governance – public company best practices, business strategy, business model
• Emerging technologies – trends, market, global competitiveness
• International trade – international business, China factor
• M&A – electronics industry, materials-related businesses
• Hold an active United States Security Clearance
Expert has hands-on knowledge and experience in patent dispute and resolutions.
In business, technology and industry under both Corporate America and entrepreneurial companies, she has built new business within the corporate America having held senior executive positions with Lockheed Martin Corp., SCM Corp., Sherwin Williams Co. and co-founded several entrepreneurial companies. Currently, she is CEO of H-Technologies Group, providing business, manufacturing and technology solutions to the global industry. She has led various global collaborations and international business development. Over the years, she has taught tens of thousands of professionals and managers in professional development courses, providing the continuing education and disseminating new technologies to the workforce. She is specially credited in bridging the gap between technology and marketplace and in bringing innovations to commercialization. She has served on the board of Fortune 500, New York Stock Exchange-traded, NASDAQ-traded, TSX-traded and the privately-held companies, and on the board and council of various civic organizations, government committees and universities.
Expert devoted a large part of her career to surface mount assembling since such technology was first implemented in the printed circuit industry. She is knowledgeable of all aspects of board-level in surface mount technology. She is a consultant to OEMs and SMT contract manufacturers to resolve-on the production-floor problems and to increase yield, and product reliability issues.. She is knowledgeable of market trends in surface mount and related industries and has considerable experienece analyzing market demands and development as well as technology trends in electronics/microelectronics packaging and assembly area.
Expert has conducted pioneer research in developing lead (Pb)-free solders. She designs and evaluates new solder alloys for specific performance requirements. She has studied solder joint failure mechanisms and related phenomena. She is experienced in solder joint failure diagnosis and analysis. Her expertise includes fatigue, voids, intermetallic compound, and other chemical or metallurgical-related problems.
She has had extensive experience in all aspects of working with solder paste, fluxes, alloys, no-clean and water-soluble fluxes/solder pastes. These include theoretical principles, practical uses, materials, manufacturing processes, troubleshooting, and reliability.
Expert has consummate knowledge on corporate governance, business strategy/business model. She has served on corporate board of public companies and private companies for 15+ years and served as CEO and operating office of established companies and start-ups.
She also served on university and civic boards for 20+ years.
Expert is a prolific author and speaker on emerging technologies - impact, trends, market, global competitiveness.
In civic and professional services, over the years, Expert has served on a large number of international, national and regional boards including International Advisory Board of Singapore Advanced Technology and Manufacturing Center, National Materials Information Society, Cleveland Airport System Business Advisory Board, Council on World Affairs, Board of Greater Cleveland Partnership, Board of Greater Lake Science Center, Board of San Jose/Cleveland Ballet, Board of Cleveland State University Foundation, Board of Trustees of Case Western Reserve University, among others. She has also served as a reviewer for U.S. government programs and for numerous publications and research institutions. She held various "woman pioneering" capacities. At her YWCA Women of Achievement Award, her citation: “Being honored as the first woman is a way of life for her. She has distinguished herself as the first and only woman holding the national presidency of Surface Mount Technology Association (a U.S.-based professional organization comprising government, industry and university members), the first woman received the Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University - Materials Science & Engineering; …”
Expert has experience in international business operation, China factor, world affairs.
Expert has experience in M&A in the electronics industry, materals-related businesses.
Expert holds the United States Active Security Clearance. She has been an advisor to the DoD. She is currently the Chairman of Technical Assessment Board of Army Research Laboratory commissioned by The national Academies/DoD.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: New York, New York - Yonkers, New York - Newark, New Jersey - Jersey City, New Jersey - Paterson, New Jersey - Elizabeth, New Jersey - Bridgeport, Connecticut - New Haven, Connecticut - Hartford, Connecticut - Springfield, Massachusetts
|Year: 1976||Degree: PhD||Subject: Materials and Metallurgical Engineering||Institution: Case Western Reserve University|
|Year: 1973||Degree: MA||Subject: Liquid Crystal Chemistry||Institution: Columbia University|
|Year: 1971||Degree: MS||Subject: Organic Chemistry||Institution: Kent State University|
|Year: 1969||Degree: BS||Subject: Chemistry||Institution: ChengKung University|
|Years: 1994 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President/CEO||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1990 to 1994||Employer: International Electronic Materials (IEM)||Title: President/CEO||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1982 to 1990||Employer: SCM Corporation||Title: Director of Technology||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1977 to 1982||Employer: Martin Marrietta Corporation||Title: Director of Research||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Associations / Societies|
|She is a member of IMAPS, American Ceramic Society, American Chemical Society, American Society of Metals, Surface Mount Technology Association, and Adhesion Society.|
|Expert was appointed to the International Materials Review Committee of the British Institute of Metals and American Society of Metals. She was elected as the president and a board director of the Surface Mount Technology Association. She is on the advisory board to Surface Mount Technology Magazine of IHS Publishing Group. She serves on the technical advisory group to IPC and International Electrotechnical Commission working on surface mount international standards. She currently co-chairs the Technology Policy Committee and is an Executive Council member of Government Relations of IPC. She is a reviewer for various technical journals and books. She is also an expert member of American National Standards Insitute and a member of the Advisory Board for NEPCON Conferences/Exhibition.
She recently was appointed as a council of U.S. Commerce Department's District Export Council and to the Board of Trustees of Cleveland Council of World Affairs, Case Western Reserve University, and Cleveland State University Foundation.
|Awards / Recognition|
| Expert is elected to the National Academy of Engineering. She was selected as an MIP, defined as one of the most intriguing, colorful, and dynamic people in the Greater Cleveland area by Cleveland Magazine. She is inducted to the Executive Order of Ohio Commodore by the governor.
Examples of Award & Honors
◼ Elected to National Academy of Engineering
◼ Inducted to WIT International Hall of Fame
◼ Elected to Ohio Women’s Hall of Fame
◼ Honorary Doctorate – Ohio University
◼ Distinguished Alumni Award Kent Van Horn - Case Western Reserve University
◼ Distinguished Alumni Award, Kent State University
◼ Distinguished Alumni Award, ChengKung University
◼ Special Achievement Award, Kent State University
◼ Received US Congressional Certificates of Recognition and Achievement
◼ Received US Congressional Certificates of Recognition and Achievement
◼ Received Ohio Senate Resolutions for recognizing special achievements
◼ Received Ohio Senate Resolutions for special achievements
◼ Featured in “Women in Chemistry”, Chemical Heritage Foundation
◼ Featured in “Women in Technology”, American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
◼ Featured in “Gallery of Women Engineers”, NAE
◼ Featured in “Role Models for Women in Engineering, Technology”, WEPAN
◼ Profiled in “American Ceramic Society” Journal
◼ Profiled in “American Metal Society” Journal
◼ Profiled in the Global SMT & Packaging magazine
◼ Received Founder’s Award, Surface Mount technology Association (the highest award of the organization)
◼ Received the Women of Achievement Award from YWCA
◼ Honoree of Sweden Production Research Institute (Sweden)
◼ Honoree of China’s Ambassador & Consul General USA (China)
◼ Honoree of National Science Council (Taiwan)
◼ Honoree of Japan Electronics Production Conference (Japan)
◼ Honoree of Hong Kong Productivity Council (Hong Kong)
◼ Honoree of American Chamber of Commerce, Technical Committee (Brazil)
◼ Featured in Crain’s Business magazine - “Technology Leaders”
◼ R&D Stars-to-Watch (Industry Week)
◼ One of ten featured in “Road to Scientific Success – Inspiring Life Stories of Prominent Researchers”, World Scientific Publications;
◼ Oral History Interviewee (IEEE – Air Force)
|Medical / Professional|
|Corporate Board & Professional/Civic Services (previous & present)
• Commencement Keynote Speaker – Ohio University
• Commencement Keynote Speaker – Kent State University
• Keynote Speaker – Smith College when the College made history to be the first women's college in the United States to grant its own undergraduate degrees in engineering
• Keynote Speaker- Various universities, including Univ. of Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon, University of Pittsburg, Smith College, Ursuline College, Case Western Reserve University, John Carroll University, Bowling green University, State University of New York, Ohio University, MIT…
• Board member: Ferro Corporation; Asahi Chemical; Northern Trust Corporation (Advisory); RAV Financial Services (Advisory); Case Western Reserve University; Cleveland State University Foundation; ASM Int’l; Surface Mount Technology Association; SMT Journal, Great Britain; SMT magazine (PennWell Publishing Co.); National Electronic Production Conference/Exhibition (Reed Elsevier); Kent State University (Chair, College of Arts & Sciences Advisory Board); Singapore Advanced Technology Institute (International Advisory Board)
• Co-chair of Public Policy Committee of IPC
• Chair and Judge, Heinz Awards
• Judge, Heinz Awards
• Judge, Annual R&D 100 Award
• Judge, Innovative Product Award - Industry Magazine
• Judge, Women Business Owner Association, Annual Award
• Chair and moderators - various industry committees and conferences
• Reviewer - books, numerous publications
• National President (the first and only woman) -- Surface Mount Technology Association
• Steering committee - industry roadmap (electronics industry)
• Expert Witness - Product liability litigation
• Industry Standards Committees - IPC, ANSI, IEC
• Neurological Institute Leadership Council - University Hospitals System - Cleveland
• Cleveland Airport System Business Advisory Board
• Trustee - Case Western Reserve University
• Trustee - Cleveland State University Foundation
• Finance/Audit Committee, Technology Transfer Committee, Academic Affairs Committee, Nominating Committee - Case Western Reserve University
• Visiting Committee - Medical School, Engineering School, Business School, Case Western Reserve University
• Chairman - Advisory Board, Kent State University - College of Arts & Sciences
• Chairman - Partnership & Collaboration Committee, Kent State University
• Capital Campaign Committee - Medical School, Capital Campaign Steering Committee - Engineering School - CWRU
• President’s Parent Council - Wellesley College, Wellesley, Mass.
• Taught professional development courses to tens of thousands of professionals, academic researchers and industry managers
• Presidential Search Committee - Case Western Reserve University
• Board Director – Great Lake Science and Environment Center, San Jose/Cleveland Ballet, Council on World Affairs, Cleveland Museum of Art, The Union Club.
• National Advisory Council - Women 2000;
• International Women’s Forum;
• Ohio House and Senate Leadership Fundraiser Committee
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Expert has been an invited lecturer/featured speaker worldwide and a consultant to major OEMs, U.S. Military, and SMT manufacturers, including the most demanding U.S. Defense F-22 Project, Motorola Pager Program, Texas Instruments' semiconductor power package program, and lead-free solders. She holds several patents in the area of electronics solder technology.
In addition, Expert is the author of over 100 publications, sole author of three books, and co-author of several books.