Expert in Technology, IT Governance, Security, Project Management
Expert ID: 736649 Florida, USA
• Conducted multiple PCI audits for Jewish Community Centers and Hotels to include designing a NIST framework solution for the organizations.
• Directed a 140-seat call center buildout in the Caribbean, keeping HIPAA and PCI compliant. Leveraged a variety of security technology over MPLS and Frame Relay; using SIP, VPN, L2TP, IPsec, Six Sigma and Multi-factor authentication for all administrative tasks (Team of 5 ) site has a full disaster recovery plan designed for 99.9% uptime.
• Designed a CCTV integration with the POS system to track monetary transactions; helping resolve credit card fraud and employee misconduct.
• Project managed a Citrix HQ private cloud design and buildout that included: SAN, servers, infrastructure, high availability, virtualization, automation, and web services. Beta site was hosted at Terremark in Miami; other future sites include Amsterdam, Sydney, and Long Beach. All data centers had a disaster recovery site designed for 99.99% availability in a Tier 4 facility.
• Implemented and designed complete solutions for small to mid-sized companies, including desktop migration, cloud solutions, and infrastructure optimization.
• Conducted security and risk analysis for companies to ensure HIPAA, SOX, and PCI compliance.
• Directed South Florida Pediatric Partners’ migration to the cloud, resulting in a 70% reduction of recurring monthly expenses and increasing their infrastructure reliability by five-fold.
• Building Joe DiMaggio Children Hospital, a 17-month project new construction thru the opening day and operation handoff to the site manager. Managed a team of 40 individuals at the project peak. The site had over 2800 IP devices.
• Building Memorial Hospital Miramar, an 8-month project working with teams to design, and execute the go-live strategy for EMR and all IT needs for the hospital.
Board and committee responsibilities included:
• Special Services representative to the IT Change Management Board
• PMO’s Project Review Committee
• IT committee member to the Go Green Initiative
• IT representative for the Command Center for Memorial Hospital Miramar
• Technical representative to the Learning Management System (LMS) Governance Board
Expert's bottom line, quality approach, and years of experience have saved Memorial about 20% off the overall project costs; some notable projects indicated below:
• Jr. PM Physician Portal via Citrix (Team of 7 $1.4M+ project)
• Jr. PM in MRHS build-out and acquisition (Team of 8 $300K+ project)
• PM and Architect for MS Office upgrade 5000+ PCs(Team of 5 $1M+ project)
• PM and Architect for Pathlore software migration (Team of 4 $40k project)
• PM and Architect for the Power Saving initiative for PC’s (ROI in 14 months)
• PM and Architect for Memorial Training Center (Team of 8+ $1M+project)
• PM and Architect for the LMS migration (Team of 10+ 800K+ project)
• PM and Architect Talent Management initiative (Team 6+ $400K+ project)
|Year: 2015||Degree: BS IT Management||Subject: Information Technology||Institution: Broward College|
|Years: 2013 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Chief Technology Officer||Department: IT||Responsibilities: • Direct and champion a technical team that supplies IT solutions for 25 to 30 companies.
• Oversee 6-8 concurrent projects, including design and buildout.
• Oversee 10 Hotel iDAS oDAS implementations in support of Super Bowl 2020
• Leading PCI-DSS efforts for all of our clients who are becoming compliant.
• Responsible for the innovations, IT corporate needs, and stability of customer’s IT infrastructure.
• Conduct quarterly onsite consultations to include Risk and Compliance reviews with each company to analyze issues, pain points, and review IT needs. This includes strategic planning, IT discovery, risk mitigation, and corporate governance.
• Disseminate technology strategy to include financing options to partners, management, vendors, and employees.
|Years: 2003 to 2012||Employer: MEMORIAL HEALTHCARE SYSTEM||Title: Senior Technology Engineer \ Project Manager||Department: IT||Responsibilities: Senior Technology Engineer / Project Manager
• Microsoft Subject Matter Expert participating in weekly board meetings, setting quality standards, and providing guidance. As a Project Manager, exceeded project expectations, met project timelines, and negotiated contracts with a considerable reduction of project expenses.
|Years: 1988 to 1991||Agency: US Air Force||Role: Engineer||Description: Classified Electronic Systems|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2000 to 2003||Country / Region: Argentina, Chile, and most of South America||Summary: Microsoft Subject Matter Expert|
|Associations / Societies|
|ISSA, PMI, ISACA, IEEE|
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Masters Candidate “Information Technology Management”
BS Information Technology Management (BSITM)
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology (CGEIT)
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer + Security (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
Microsoft Instructor for MS Office
CIW Security Analyst
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Four years as IT expert witness for family court.|
|Training / Seminars|
|Constantly taking classes and reading
Attend two to three seminars annually and usually present at one every other year.
|Spanish||Read, Write, Speak|
Fields of Expertise
Internet infrastructure, Network Infrastructure, Information Governance, Computer information systems, executive information system, Health Information Technology (HIT), information security management, information forensics, information technology security, information technology management, information protection, computer forensics, forensic computer, closed-circuit security system, computer network security, computer room security, cyber security, • Quality Management System (QMS) implementation, project risk management, Project Management and Execution, Cloud Operations, cloud computing