Expert in Telecomm, Mobile, Wireless Communications, MPEG, Cable TV, Routing, Machine Learning, Wireless Communications, Cloud, Internet, Audits, Forensics
In the recent years, Expert has also consulted as an expert witness for patent and intellectual property cases in Federal Court involving companies like T-Mobile, Verizon, Google, and many others. Expert is a passionate for technology and participates in Hackathons, Startup events, and holds 11 issued patents.
The patents cover aspects of handoff mobility in 4G/5G Systems and test conformance for mobility, wireless charging, media streaming for cable TV, roaming engine for Windows, and many others. A judge for “Mobile World Congress 2019” held in Barcelona, and similar engagements. He also reviews research and conference papers for several journals, besides advisory roles positions in several companies, and as Industry advisory board member for FAU’s Electrical and Computer Engineering. department.
His patents are licensed by multiple companies including wireless and mobile manufacturers. Expert runs a technology incubator in Boca Raton.
• Mobile Devices and Systems: User Interfaces in mobile, mobile operating systems, Expert in mobility and wireless roaming 2G-3G-4G systems
• Multimedia Streaming: Cable Systems and TV distribution, DVB, Music platforms and automated playlist creation, real-time encoding, and cloud storage systems
• AirInterface and LTE Source: Experience with SDRs, OpenAirInterface project, reiewing code for handover, RRC Channels, and handoff parameters
• Cloud Storage and Data Synchronization: GlusterFS, File Systems, Dropbox/S3
integration. Cloud computing, Load balancing, AWS.
• Wireless Communications: 4G, 3G, LTE signaling, WLAN, Software-defined Networks, and RF emulation with a patent in wireless emulation/dissertation on this field.
• Blockchain: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Consensus Algorithms, Gossip Protocols
• Power Management: Wireless Power Management Issued Patent for Microsoft Wireless Service and Wireless Charging Patent with over 80+ references
• Personal Area Networking: Expertise in Personal Area Networks and Wearable Systems. Issued Patent for Windows PAN Driver.
• Smart phones and wireless embedded software development: Personal Area
Networking, Virtual Machines and Operating Systems, Bluetooth
Platform experience: 4G LTE Handoff and Platforms, Wearables, Bluetooth LE, Cloud Computing, Cloud Storage, Software-defined Networks, REST/JSON API, SOAP, Linux-based Systems ( Expert Level): Raspberry PI, Android, LIMO, proprietary, Windows-based: Windows CE, J2ME-based: Blackberry RIM SDK, Motorola SDKs, Samsung SDK, IOS 4.0 iPad/iPhone/iPod (PhoneGap) other: BREW, AMSS/DMSS.
Other programming languages: LISP, PROLOG, FoxPro, Pascal, Embedded design, Intel assembly code (i8051, x86), and TCL/TK. Internet Networking: Wide experience with 2G/3G wireless standards (GSM/GPRS. UMTS, and CDMA 2000). Extensive experience with mobility protocols such as Cellular IP, HAWAII, Mobile IP, AODV. In-depth knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 protocols. NDIS driver design in Windows platforms, BNEP and PAN and IEEE 802.11 standards. Experience managing and securing Cisco IOS routers networks/firewalls and SNMP management. Software Defined Radios and Networks: GNU Radio, RF and Software-based Emulation, Wireless Emulation. Cloud Computing: Cloud storage and platform development of multimedia delivery systems.
Scientific and engineering tools: MATLAB, pSPICE, OrCAD, Network Simulator (ns-2), wide experience in electronic circuit design, digital design, and low-level debugging tools, including PC-104 and circuit design.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Miami, Florida - Hialeah, Florida - Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Hollywood, Florida - Pembroke Pines, Florida - Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Miami Beach, Florida - West Palm Beach, Florida - Pompano Beach, Florida - Boca Raton, Florida
|Year: 2002||Degree: Ph.D.||Subject: Computer Engineering||Institution: University of Florida|
|Year: 1999||Degree: M.Sc.||Subject: Electrical and Computer Engineering||Institution: University of Florida|
|Year: 1995||Degree: B.Sc.||Subject: Electronics Engineering||Institution: Costa Rica Institute of Technology|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Founder||Department:||Responsibilities: Founder of technology incubator and accelerator with 8 startups in Cloud, 4G, Prototyping and development of mechanical, electrical, and software products.|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Host and Producer||Department:||Responsibilities: As part of his TV/Media studio, Expert also hosts and products TV shows in technology and business: ASK ALICE, TECH ED TV, and others with over 15 shows/podcasts.|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Expert Witness||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert provides expert witness services for patent and trade secret cases in Federal court, filing expert reports, consultative work, and software auditing.|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Principal||Department:||Responsibilities: Patent commercialization of MobileCAD a mobile emulation environment for 3G/4G/5G networks, propagation models simulation, virtual drive testing and RF
scenarios and MobileIPP for seamless mobility LTE, X2 handover, S1AP, Xn Handover, etc.
|Years: 2007 to 2010||Employer: Motorola Inc||Title: Principal Staff Software Engineer||Department:||Responsibilities: Experience: Google Android Platform/Application Development, Kernel-level prototyping, Data
support, implemented HTTP Push/MMS, Expert content management, Webkit and Opera- based
browsers, Lead discussions with customer Sprint/Nextel and Nextel International. Expert defined Android architecture and the concept of iDEN+5, which seeded Android in Plantation.
|Years: 2002 to 2003||Employer: Microsoft||Title: Technical Program Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Experience: Feature lead for Bluetooth Personal Area Networking. Responsibilities driving Architecture, Design, Test Automation, security analysis for PAN, and drive testing over networking protocols such as IPv4 and IPv6 networks.|
|Years: 2001 to 2001||Employer: Microsoft||Title: Program Manager Intern||Department:||Responsibilities: Experience: Wireless Zero-Configuration (WZC) for Windows XP Service Pack, Power Management algorithm using self-similar traffic modeling, and adaptive adjustment of the duty cycle. IEEE 802.11b/g/a services could be optimized to reduce power consumption from 0 to 80% depending upon network traffic characterization.|
|Years: 1997 to 2009||Employer: Compunet||Title: Lead Engineer||Department:||Responsibilities: Experience: Cisco/Linux administrator, Webmaster and senior system engineer and owner. Lead developer for: authentication services, security, web, and networking configuration.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Services and Memberships
• Florida Atlantic University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Industry Advisory Board
• Emerge Broward and Leadership Broward Member
• Organizing Committee, Mobile Mondays Miami
• Organizer “Startup Weekend Boca,”
• Hispanic Graduate Student Association, Finance chair
• Hurricane Mitch Volunteer, Gainesville, FL.
• Member of Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
|Licenses / Certifications|
• The US patents (undisclosed) (3 patents) are licensed by a major internet and wireless communications company in use to manufacture millions of cellular devices
|Technical Program Committees/Reviewer for International Conferences:
• 2018 Journal of Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International
• 2018 International Conference on Information and Communications Technology (ICOIACT
• 2017 2nd International conferences on Information Technology, Information Systems and Electrical Engineering (ICITEE)
• 2016 Global Summit on Computer and Information Technology
• 2016 International Conference on Information Technology, Information Systems, and Electrical Engineering
• Recent Advances in Communications and Networking Technology
• WCI 2015 – Women in Computing and Informatics
• Editorial Board Intl. Journal of Networks and Systems 2009-2016
• 2012 (2012 IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology & Applications).
• IEEE International Consumer Networks, 2011
• IEEE Broadnets 2008
• IEEE Wireless Networks Magazine, 2002-2003
• IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 2007
• IEEE Wireless Local Networks 2005-2007
• IEEE Local Computer Networks 2007-2008
• IEEE GLOBECOM 2005
• IEEE SOUTHEAST CONFERENCE 2005
• IEEE Conferences in 2014-2015
• Panelist at 4G Wireless (Miami Beach, FL), several Mobile Monday events, and Mobile Commerce Latin America (2009).
|Awards / Recognition|
|• Innovation Awards, City of Coral Springs, FL
• Top projects in Emerge Americas Hackathon with Video Anemometer, Miami, FL
• Fifth Place in Bitcoin Hackathon with Bitcoin Caster, Miami, FL
• Winner of Kinect/Gesture-controlled Hackathon in Boca Raton, FL
• Founding member of Honduras Global a Honduran foundation
• Finalist and presenting EGLA COMMUNICATIONS at Florida Venture Forum in Coral Gables, FL
• Finalist at Emerge America’s Conference with Mediamplify/Mevia, Miami Convention Center
• Finalist Music Sparks in LAB Miami, FL.
• Fulbright-Scholar: 2 years.
• Mention of honor in the Honduran National Science Contest.
• Ranked 1st in undergraduate studies, Costa Rica Institute of Technology.
• Winner Business Plan Competition in University of Florida, and Runner-up
• Four consecutive academic scholarships undergraduate work at Costa Rica Institute of Technology (ITCR), 4 years
• High-Performance Computing and Simulation Lab student award.
• As a co-founder of E-melodies, runner-up during the UF Business Plan Competition at the University of Florida and winner of the UF Business Plan Competition in Information Technology.
|Publications and Patents Summary|
Thesis and dissertation: 3
Technical reports/ prior to publication: 4
Patents and Innovations: 12
|Expert Witness Experience|
| Expert Witness for IP/Patent Cases
• University of Florida Research Foundation, Filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
• (Undisclosed) Technology company File in the US District Court of Denver, Colorado
• Representing Bank of America
• Representing Seven Networks
• Representing Blue Radios
• Representing Mobility Workx, LLC in Texas
• Representing Mobile Manufacturer (Confidential)
• California Federal Court, Trademark/Mobile Software – Jury trial testimonial with 700k award to Plaintiff.
• Pre-trial / 4 Confidential Defendants/Plaintiffs
• Honduran Government, National Institute of Properties, transfer from the World Bank to the Honduran Government
• Auditing of Honduran Elections, fraud detection and analysis (Pro-Bono)
|Training / Seminars|
• Tucks Schools of Business – Dartmouth University, Digital Strategies for Entrepreneurs, Google Campus, Seattle, WA, and December 2016.
• Management Skills and Business Strategies, FAU Campus, Boca Raton, FL, January 2014
Teaching Assistant for Mobile Computing, University of Florida
Experience: Mobile Computing is level-6000 graduate class. The class involves the discussion of research papers and a practical section where different wireless technologies are covered. In addition to my job duties, an automated examination tool was developed as additional class aid for grading. The class required J2ME/JSEE knowledge and the ability to support the class with Motorola smart phone development, plus all additional aid required to run the killer application competition sponsored by Motorola. Teaching Assistant for Software Engineering, University of Florida.
Experience: The class was targeted to computer engineering seniors as an introduction to the software development cycle. Students carry-on a web-based project and deliver specific documents and specifications (architectural, design, UI), develop a prototype, schedule different tasks, and manage the project to be delivered on time. The TA assists technically and supervises their work, grades quizzes and exams.
Teaching Assistant for Introduction to CIS/Java, University of Florida
Experience: Expert taught an introductory lab session, graded quizzes, exams, and assignments. As an assistant Expert held different tutorial sessions on object oriented concepts and problem-solving skills. Teaching Assistant for C++, University of Florida
Experience: Grading and preparing assignments for the class. Instructor at the Central American Internetworking Conference
Experience: During the conference, Expert taught a 3-day intensive hands-on class on network security. Expert covered topics from: network intrusion detection, privacy, and authentication mechanisms Instructor, Central American Telecommunication Videoconferencing
Experience: Teaching Linux (Operating Systems), C++, and Networking seminars to engineers all over Central America (Remote teaching)
Central American Telecommunication Commission, Network Engineer, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Experience: Network Engineer, Videoconference systems (VTEL and H.323), software development for telecommunications and traffic management United Nations Development Program (UNDP), IT Consultant, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Experience: Network security and consultant for the United Nations program in Honduras. Software auditing and network configuration
|Other Relevant Experience|
EGLA COMMUNICAITONS / SOFTWARE Development / MEVIA: Created MEVIA, Cloud to Cable TV (patented). CloudtoCable is the platform that merges cloud and Cable TV systems and simplifies music and video distribution to web, mobile and Cable TV. MEVIA1 is a "Software as a
Service" and a cloud-based platform that enables “MEVIA Music” currently in operation in several countries including Brazil, Honduras, and United States. Supplied and maintained REST/SOAP/JSON APIs to handle more than 500K subscribers with SKY TUNES application.