Expert in Global Value Expert in Sales, Marketing, Pricing, Key Accounts, Value Proposition, Value Quantification, Negotiations, Digitization, Servitization, IIOT, and IOT
Expert ID: 736066 Michigan, USA
Expert has demonstrated successful customer partnership agreements with Global Fortune 1000 companies, in numerous industries and segments, in all geographies of the world. Work has been featured in articles on Products and Services focusing on selling, pricing, and procuring in numerous publications from leading business schools and scholarly reviews published by Harvard, MIT Sloan, Case Western, Wake Forest, Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, London Business Press, Routledge, and others. Expert also leads sessions on value at Executive MBA courses at IMD Switzerland, Chalmers Sweden, Kellogg USA, ESADE Barcelona, University of Tennessee USA, University of Macquarie Australia, University of North Carolina, and London Business School. Expert directed and edited the bestselling Routledge October 2016 book Value First Then Price - Quantifying Value in Business Markets from the Perspectives of both the Buyers and Sellers An energetic presenter at meetings on the need to buy, sell, and price based on value created and documented; for associations such as Manufacturers Alliance (MAPI), Strategic Account Managers Associations (SAMA), Certified Purchasing Professionals Association (PMAC), Institute for the Study of Business Markets (ISBM), Aberdeen Groups Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) Summit, Center for Advanced Procurement Studies (CAPS), International Association of Commercial and Contract Management (IACCM), European Pricing Platform, National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP), World Congress on High Speed Rail, Procurecon, Services and Aftermarkets, and numerous others. Expert is a Founding Fellow at the Sales Leadership Alliance which is part of the Chartered Institute of Marketing UK, and sits on the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Sales Transformation and Associate Editor Journal of Creating Value. Expert also received a “1 of 50 best practices” by Strategic Account Management Association.
Global Executive Leader in helping companies create, quantify, and get paid for customer value. Proven capabilities to champion changes in culture, strategy, and tactics to increase Profit and KPIs (e.g. sales, customer satisfaction, profitability, salesforce effectiveness, etc.), with special expertise in:
Value Pricing and Sales
Commercial Culture Transformation
Global Strategic Accounts
Software and Product as a Service SaaS / PaaS
Sales & Marketing Strategy
Procurement Transformation of customers
Business Model Innovation
Product and Services
Service Businesses Creation
Change Agent – 20+ years leading global organizations from a “cost-plus” to Total Cost of Ownership mentality, increasing sales 25% and margins 2.4x.
Globally Recognized Expert – Frequent speaker, author (e.g. Harvard Business Review, Forbes, etc.), and adjunct faculty on the benefits of selling, pricing, negotiating, and purchasing based on value not price.
Profit Champion – Supported nearly 200 value-based contracts with Fortune 1000 global companies, resulting in $715M+ in increased annual sales, and profit expansions of 50% or more.
Subject Matter Expertise:
• Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Executive in Residence - Marketing, Chicago, USA
• Courses created: Winning with Procurement, Value Pricing, Value Selling and Quantification.
• Strategic Account Management Association – Getting Paid for Value
• SKF International Management Program for High Potentials, Gothenburg, Sweden
• Numerous courses: The Challenger Sale, SPIN Selling, Strategic Account Management University
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Detroit, Michigan - Toronto, Ontario
|Year: 1994||Degree: HBA||Subject: Business Management and Political Science||Institution: Wilfrid Laurier Universtity|
|Year: 2004||Degree: Program||Subject: Value Pricing||Institution: London Business School|
|Year: 2000||Degree: Program||Subject: Executive Management||Institution: Northwestern School of Business|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Founding Partner||Department:||Responsibilities: • Supported clients in Commercial Excellence Journey with Sales, Marketing, Value Quantification, Key Account Strategy, Pricing, Business Model creation towards Outcome / Performance based, Servitization and Product as a Service strategies.
• Clients have included; Aptar, Gates, ABB, Thomas and Betts, Fenner Dunlop, Michelin, Syntron, Tetra Pak, manroland, AES Sealing, International Paper, Columbus McKinnon, Hiab, MOOG, Fortum, Rabobank, Telenor Mobile, Ericsson, TEO Communications, Bayer, Varian, and Abbott.
• Numerous global Keynotes at Conferences, Associations, or Executive MBA programs on the subject.
|Years: 2019 to 2019||Employer: ServiceMax (formerly GE Digital)||Title: Senior Director, Global Customer Transformation||Department:||Responsibilities: Drove customer engagements identifying and quantifying the value of Software for Service Teams.
Promoted Servitization Journey and best practices for Service Companies / Divisions to market, sell, price, and differentiate based on Services and best practices to do so.
Developed, systems, tools, and processes to quantify value, close deals, expand existing relationships.
Thought Leadership and Business Development to drive new incremental business with potential customer earlier in the buying process, at the C level, focusing on value created not price.
Commercial Excellence focus for selling, quantifying, negotiating, pricing and packaging offering.
|Years: 2017 to 2018||Employer: ABB||Title: Vice President, Marketing Digitization and Global VP of Value||Department:||Responsibilities: • Packaged, promoted, priced, positioned, and marketed the successful rollout of the ABB Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, and digitization offering of services and products for Industrial Automation Group, called Collaborative Operations.
• Implemented Challenger Sales and Marketing and SPIN Selling globally to demonstrate, differentiate, price, and sell the value of technology and service offerings.
• Developed new business by positioning ABB as subject-matter expert at international conferences, association, and institutional events, creating access and opportunity at C Level with customers.
|Years: 2006 to 2017||Employer: SKF AB||Title: Global Vice President - Value (Sales / Marketing / Commercial Excellence)||Department:||Responsibilities: Created and championed a global value strategy on behalf of SKF for OEMs, distributors, and key account end user customers, resulting in margin (2.4 times) and sales (25%) expansion, $65 Million annual profit impact, with more satisfied customers.
Developed and drove corporate strategy in Insight generation, marketing, training, pricing, CRM adoption, new product development / introduction based on value differentiation.
Coordinated with global key account Teams to develop new and / or increase sales agreements with Fortune 1000 companies in diverse industries across the globe based on best value realization.
Worked globally with consultants, associations, thought leaders, and universities, to promote Value as the most profitable and sustainable buying or selling approach, positioning SKF as Best in Class. Became a sought-after SME, allowing access to C levels of customer organizations: to position the sales discussion on an updated view of Total Cost of Ownership called Total Profit Added™.
Involved in driving the creation of a best in class service business within a product engineering company. Consulted for SKF customers in the medical, financial Services, telecommunications, large industrial, engineered products, consumer goods, and numerous industries
|Years: 2000 to 2006||Employer: SKF AB||Title: Manager, Value and Key Accounts||Department:||Responsibilities: • Conceptualized, developed, and implemented new best in class value-based sales and marketing program called “Documented Solutions”. “DSP” quantifies the financial impact that different solution products and services bring. DSP has over 77,000 cases with over $6 Billion in savings.
• Managed, developed, implemented and was part of the global team that used the DSP tool and strategy to gain over $2 Billion in Product Sales and Services, with Margin expansion of 50% per year or more, with value-based agreements, with over 171 key global customers.
• Trained SKF salesforce, distributors, services sales, and OEM sales on value selling.
|Years: 1996 to 2000||Employer: SKF AB||Title: North American Product Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Managed direct and indirect concentrated sales efforts of 9 technical sales reps, 20 OEM reps, 45 aftermarket reps and 1400 distributor locations, to actively promote and sell technical product range, growing revenue from $4M to $6.7M/year, and profitability by 15%.
Developed sales and marketing programs for product groups, distributors, and new channels
Developed and implemented national sales and marketing plans that resulted in doubling market share, sales, and profit. (Sales grew from $700K to $1.5M Cdn) Full profit and loss responsibility.
Directed all internal and external operations of product line including pricing, inventory, product launches, external training, and market communications.
|Associations / Societies|
|10-year member and creator of SKF Global Strategic Account Management Board
Professional Pricing Society (PPS)
Strategic Account Management Association (SAMA)
Sales Leadership Alliance (SLA)
Journal of Creating Value (JCV)
International Association of Commercial and Contract Management (IACCM)
Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI)
|Awards / Recognition|
|• Strategic Account Management Association – 1 of 50 Best Sales Practices over the last 50 years
• Strategic Account Management Association – Excellence Award
• CASE Center: Case of The Year Award for Best Business Case Global
• Founding Fellow: Sales Leadership Alliance at the Chartered Institute of Marketing UK
• Global SKF Innovation Award Winner: Global award for new strategic ideas and implementation
• SKF Pride Winner: For Profit, Quality, Speed
• Presidents Club Winner: Highest profitable sales growth
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Select Publications and Courses
• Value First Then Price: Quantifying Value in Business to Business Markets from both a Buyer and Seller Perspective; Hinterhuber and Expert
• The Creative Negotiator: Changing the Focus to Value; Stephen Kozicki
• Innovations in Pricing; Hinterhuber and Lizou
• Value Merchants; Demonstrating and Documenting Superior Value in Business Markets; Anderson
• Unpacking Best Value; Kate Vitasek, Expert; Wendy Tate; University of Tennessee
• Pricing for Value Created; Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management; Case Western/Baconni
• How to Stop Customers from Fixating on Price; Harvard Business Review
• Transforming your sales organization to Sell Value; Strategic Account Management
• How to Sell Services More Profitably; Harvard Business Review
|Training / Seminars|
Winning With Procurement
Pricing For Value
|Sales and Marketing Expert - Business 2 Business
Channels, Distribution, Strategies, Servitization, Internet of Things / IOT, Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT), Pricing, Outcome / Performance based contracting