Expert in Human Resource Management and General Management
Expert and her associates develop custom designed products and programs that follow an in-depth needs assessment, are tailored to each organization’s culture, and adhere to legally defensible principles. Her firm’s clients represent a diverse mix from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors in the U.S., the Caribbean and Thailand.
Expert has extensive work, teaching and consulting experience in employment testing, assessment and selection (interviews, written examinations, assessment center methodology), human resources policies and procedures, leadership training, coaching for promotional testing, general management of organizations, and organizational audit projects. She has acquired her knowledge, experience and expertise over a long career.
Expert also serves as an expert witness for attorneys and has worked on cases in the public and private sector throughout the United States.
Expert has designed, developed and facilitated a multitude of training programs throughout her career. She also served as an expert witness on a case regarding whether or not the company failed to provide adequate on-the-job training. The case was settled after the opposing counsel read her expert report.
Expert has designed, developed and administered over one-hundred (100) assessment center processes during her career. She has also designed, developed and facilitated more than fifty (50) employee training programs to include management and leadership development. The programs and workshops have included; 1) role play exercises; 2) case studies; 3) practical exercises; 4) group discussions and; 5) pre-tests.
Expert's dissertation was about the match non-match concept of the Situational Leadership model by Hersey & Blanchard.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Miami, Florida - Hialeah, Florida - Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Hollywood, Florida - Pembroke Pines, Florida - Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Miami Beach, Florida - West Palm Beach, Florida - Pompano Beach, Florida - Boca Raton, Florida
|Year: 1998||Degree: Doctorate in Public Administration||Subject: Public Administratoin||Institution: Nova Southeastern University, Davie, FL|
|Year: 1985||Degree: M.P.A.||Subject: Public Administration, Human Resource Management electives||Institution: Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL|
|Year: 1980||Degree: M.A.||Subject: Forensic Studies||Institution: Indiana University, Bloomington, IN|
|Year: 1978||Degree: B.A.||Subject: Political Science||Institution: University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY|
|Year: 1976||Degree: A.A.||Subject: Liberal Arts||Institution: Colby Sawyer College, New London, N.H.|
|Years: 1986 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Consultant||Department: Management and Organizational Consulting||Responsibilities: President of a management and organizational consulting firm.|
|Years: 2005 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Instructor||Department: College of Business||Responsibilities: Is a full-time instructor for Florida Atlantic University at the Barry Kaye College of Business - Department of Management. She teaches management and HR undergraduate and graduate courses; Human Resource Management (graduate), Introduction to Management and Organizational Behavior and Cross-Cultural Human Relations and Global Negotiations.
She also teaches for the Office Depot Center for Executive Education for the College of Business (i.e., HR Certificate and Advanced HR Certificate programs). She designed the entire Advanced HR Certificate course and facilitates 9 of the eleven (11) 3-hour modules. The program includes industry videos, group exercises, discussion and lecture.
|Years: 1998 to 2008||Employer: Nova Southeastern University||Title: Adjunct instructor||Department: College of Business||Responsibilities: For ten (10) years, Expert was a highly regarded adjunct faculty member at the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business & Entrepreneurship at Nova Southeastern University, Davie, FL, and taught a variety of graduate Human Resources and Management courses. She designed and regularly taught an eight (8) hour workshop, “Interviewing Skills” for all one (1) year M.B.A. students.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2001 to 2007||Country / Region: Nassau and Freeport, Bahamas, West Indies||Summary: Designed and delivered training programs and workshops for a resort hotel, an international banking association and a Chamber of Commerce. This experience occurred at different times over about seven (7) years.|
|Years: 2002 to 2008||Country / Region: Jamaica and St. Lucia, West Indies||Summary: Conducted leadership development workshops for a resort hotel in Jamaica and St. Lucia. Taught a variety of graduate M.B.A. HR and Management courses in Jamaica during different times over the years listed.|
|Years: 2001 to 2002||Country / Region: Bangkok, Thailand||Summary: Served as a guest lecturer for Executive M.B.A. programs for two (2) prestigious universities in Bangkok. The courses were Strategic Management and Current Issues in Management.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) - national chapter and Palm Beach county chapter / past member
International Association of Chiefs of Police current and past Member of Education & Training Committee (for 6-years).
Board Member and Treasurer for the South Florida Industry Liaison Group.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Completed CEL 1001: eLearning Designer and Facilitator Certification Course, Florida Atlantic University, Center for eLearning (2012).
Senior Professional in Human Resource Management (SPHR) - Human Resources Certification Institute
Trained/Certified Assessor: Assessment Designs International & O'Leary, Brokaw & Associates.
Received over one-hundred and eighty (180) hours of training in assessment center techniques e.g., job analysis, data analysis, questionnaire design/administration, assessor training etc.
Received forty (40) hrs. of advanced instructor training from F.B.I. Academy staff.
|South Florida Industry Liaison Group|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Expert Witness Experience|
| Expert has worked on forty-one cases which have increased her knowledge and expertise in Human Resource Management, management of organizations and leadership in both government and business.
Industries include - Automotive, Chemicals, Common carriers, Financial services, Agriculture, Pharmaceuticals, Oil, Retail, Food manufacturing, Private Security, Nursing services, Health/hospital, Electrical contracting, Gaming, Telecommunications
The research and reports Expert has conducted and written have included the review of a multitude of relevant documents. Examples include:
● Actual employee performance appraisals
● Code of Ethics
● Mission statements
● Training materials and records
● Standard Operating Procedures (i.e., Policies and Procedures, General Directives, etc.)
● HR hiring and termination forms and documents
● Compensation structure and pay plans
● Job descriptions
● Termination paperwork
● Climate and/or employee opinion surveys
● Consultant reports
● Grievance records
● Employee handbooks
● Email messages
Expert's case experience has included work on cases involving:
● Breach of contract
● 42 U.S.C. & 1983 and the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution
● 14th Amendment Due Process
● First Amendment Retaliation
● Race and sex discrimination, retaliation
● Gender discrimination, hostile environment sexual harassment and retaliation
● Breach of contract, negligent hiring, training and supervision, negligent infliction of emotional distress, intentional infliction of emotional distress, malicious prosecution, defamation
● Equal Pay Act, anti-retaliation provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, gender discrimination and retaliation in violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (CRA).
● Wrongful termination, violation of employment contract
● Worker’s compensation - Did the company fail to provide adequate on-the-job training?
● Gender discrimination and retaliation action under state CRA of (Undisclosed)
● Gender discrimination: denial of promotion, reclassification, hiring, disparate impact (80 lb lifting), hostile environment
● Race discrimination, and violation of 4/5ths Rule (adverse impact, 80% rule) regarding promotional testing
● Wrongful termination
● Title VII of the CRA of 1964 - Sexual harassment
|Training / Seminars|
|* Developing a Leadership Mindset
* Eight Steps to A Winning Corporate Culture
* Compensation Overview Program for HR Managers
* Compensation Fundamentals
* What is Your Business Really Worth?
* Interviewing Skills Workshop
* Leadership Competency Development
* Time Management
* FastTrack Managememt Development Program (Attracting, Assessing & Selecting Employees)
* Managing Conflict and Dealing with Difficult People
* Assessor Refresher Training
* Leadership Impact Lab (Developing Others)
* Hiring and Retaining Employees
* Recruiting, Selecting, Promoting and Evaluating Personnel
* 21st Century Leadership
* Current Issues in Management
* HR Certificate Course Modules:
* Human Resource Management in A Changing Environment, Ethics and Globalization in HR & Practice
* Staffing Part I: Personnel Selection, Interviewing and Recruitment
* Staffing Part II: Staffing Metrics, Project Management for The Human Resource Professional
* HR & Technology, Social Media
* Advanced HR Certificate Course
|Human Resource Management, management and international management|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|The Human Resources Certification Institute of the Society of Human Resource Management certifies her as a Senior Human Resources Professional (SPHR).
E-Learning Certified Designer and Facilitator.
Completed a week long seminar (July 9-13, (Undisclosed)) on Situational Leadership at the Center for Leadership Studies, Inc., 230 West Third Avenue, Escondido, CA 92025.